Options

Uploading Woes - Dead in the Water (help!)

tpowertpower Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited June 16, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just started, and apparently I chose a bad way to upload files. Problem is, now I can't seem to undo it. When I try to upload to an existing gallery, it crashes my IE window. I understand this is a Java problem connected with my having chosen the drag-n-drop option and with having outdated Java.

I have tried to re-load Java, but my computer has issues that will not let that happen, so I am trying to figure out a way to go back and use the simple uploader. Trying to get to the screen where I can make that choice just shuts down the browser. Are there any alternate ways to get to the simple uploader and make it my default, other than clicking on "upload photos?"

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 13, 2008
    tpower wrote:
    I just started, and apparently I chose a bad way to upload files. Problem is, now I can't seem to undo it. When I try to upload to an existing gallery, it crashes my IE window. I understand this is a Java problem connected with my having chosen the drag-n-drop option and with having outdated Java.

I have tried to re-load Java, but my computer has issues that will not let that happen, so I am trying to figure out a way to go back and use the simple uploader. Trying to get to the screen where I can make that choice just shuts down the browser. Are there any alternate ways to get to the simple uploader and make it my default, other than clicking on "upload photos?"

Ack, sorry you're having problems!

Try this link directly: http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/add.mg?AlbumID=5151463&applet=9
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    tpowertpower Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Thanks!
    Thanks, Sheaf. That took care of the problem nicely!

Sheaf wrote:
    Ack, sorry you're having problems!

Try this link directly: http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/add.mg?AlbumID=5151463&applet=9