Options

Domain question

omnicloudomnicloud Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hey!

I'm a newbie at SmugMug! I've finally found a proper home for my photography endeavours. I'm a recent refugee of Flickr and Picasa Web Albums, and I believe I've fallen in love.. with SmugMug :lust.

I have a Power Account and I love the customization of the pages. I've found out how to make faux pages like in Andy's SM and I think that, with CSS customization, can eliminate my previous webhost altogether. I've decided that I should do away with my two domains (which I no longer need) and find a fresh start.

I have a question about purchasing a domain through GoDaddy (smugmugdomains.com). I'm not new at managing domains but I'd just like to ask if I purchase through the "smugmugdomains.com" site rather than the main GoDaddy site, am I able to have the second level (example.com) point to my SmugMug, and have a seperate CNAME for a third level subdomain (blog.example.com) point to a blogging service or other?

I apologize in advance for my loquacious introduction :D
I would appreciate any answers to this.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 14, 2008
    Bump~ so it doesn't get lost forever in the sea of words.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 14, 2008
    Yes, the domain control is exactly the same as any other. You can set subdomains and point them to any other site.

If you need help, let me know.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2008
    docwalker wrote:
    Yes, the domain control is exactly the same as any other. You can set subdomains and point them to any other site.

If you need help, let me know.

--Doc

Thank you. Mighty appreciated.