Michelle

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited June 13, 2008 in People
Last Sunday I had not one, but two models.
Dgrin, meet Michelle. :lust

As I mentioned earlier, lighting was tough to say the least, so I got what I got...

1. City girl in the jungle:

311742369_xrcVM-XL.jpg

2. Beauty on the rocks:

311741803_3b3Ms-XL.jpg

3. Crawling up

311742039_oosbR-XL.jpg

4. Grotto Girl

311742308_fd63h-XL.jpg

5. Meet me at the rainbow

311753190_SWXfa-XL.jpg

6. Coming down

312141979_rHg2q-XL.jpg

Enjoy!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    I think 4 and 6 are good Nik- but not the others.

1, 3, and 5 could be really good but her makeup is not done right and the lighting is off which only enhances it.

Dark line under the eye and cheak bone is too pronounced for these shots.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I think 4 and 6 are good Nik- but not the others.

1, 3, and 5 could be really good but her makeup is not done right and the lighting is off which only enhances it.

Dark line under the eye and cheak bone is too pronounced for these shots.

Aaron,
    thanks! thumb.gif
    Given the circumstances, I'm surprised any is good rolleyes1.gif
  • DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    uh.... wow...
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Do you need someone to hold a reflector for you? I volunteer! iloveyou.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Ya know....I need to take a walk in the woods more often :D These are very well done considering the tough light. Nik....man dude, you're stretchin out. That's it, coming to CA.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    No gelled flash or a reflector?
    All of em especially 2, 3 and 6 could have used it. Clearly there's people here that would hold it for you. lol3.gif I like 1 & 4. 5 is also okay.
    If my arm did what her arm is doing in 3, it would have to be broken. eek7.gif

It sucks that you are getting blindsided by lighting conditions and late arrivals. Hopefully that starts clicking properly for you.
    No harm in reshooting these beauties. thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited June 13, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    uh.... wow...
    Thanks!:D
    edited June 13, 2008
    Do you need someone to hold a reflector for you? I volunteer! iloveyou.gif
    Laughing.gif:-)
    Let me know if you ever decide to take a little trip West from 'Bama, I'm sure I'll be able to arrange something for you:-) mwink.gif
    edited June 13, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Ya know....I need to take a walk in the woods more often :D These are very well done considering the tough light. Nik....man dude, you're stretchin out. That's it, coming to CA.
    Thanks Daivd!
    Yeah, I need to plan my day-time shoots more carefully and totally ignore everybody's (and my own;-) weak attempts to the move shooting time close to midday... The tough part is that we probably won't see any decent clouds here or in the Sierras until late October. So the only overcast area relatively close by is the Malibu and Ventura beaches... Hmm, bkini shoot on the beach? What a lame concept..mwink.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Some of them need flash fill. Other than that...where is this place? I wanna go there. Good job.
    edited June 13, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    No gelled flash or a reflector?
    Actually, gelled flash in jungle and a grotto shots. For everything else I literally could not (time-space constraints) arrange for proper off-camera lightings, and I lended my 580 to the second photog so he could control his 420, so I was out of fill options, too. Same with reflector: I had it, but no extra hands to hold it for me in this environment. Again, I need to plan stuff more carefully :bash

All of em especially 2, 3 and 6 could have used it.
    Those didn't have anything, I simply took what I could. ne_nau.gif
    Clearly there's people here that would hold it for you. lol3.gif
    Yeah, I guess, but they were not *there* lol3.gif
    I like 1 & 4. 5 is also okay.
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    If my arm did what her arm is doing in 3, it would have to be broken. eek7.gif
    I know.. Girls often are like that:-)
    It sucks that you are getting blindsided by lighting conditions and late arrivals. Hopefully that starts clicking properly for you.
    No harm in reshooting these beauties. thumb.gif
    I just need to plan more accurately, especially when it's about longer trips like this one.

Thanks for the feedback!
    edited June 13, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Some of them need flash fill. Other than that...where is this place? I wanna go there. Good job.
    I agree. See my prior answers - couldn't have it...
    This is Rose Valley falls in Upper Ojai mountains. Very steep climb, though... Tom Sienstra (he writes hiking guides) marks it a 8 or 9 out of 10. deal.gif.
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    I think it's funny she only relaxed when she was getting off the rock. I would be way nervous the other way around.rolleyes1.gif The light was being a jerk, for sure. Was it the shadow playing tricks with my mind or does she have a really severe high cheekbone? Her cheeks look concave? She looks amazing under the rocks i nthe shade, can't see which image now. She does sexy well, but looks like she's uninterested for everything else or really sad. Was that the mood you wanted? ne_nau.gif
    edited June 13, 2008
    I think it's funny she only relaxed when she was getting off the rock. I would be way nervous the other way around. The light was being a jerk, for sure. Was it the shadow playing tricks with my mind or does she have a really severe high cheekbone? Her cheeks look concave? She looks amazing under the rocks i nthe shade, can't see which image now. She does sexy well, but looks like she's uninterested for everything else or really sad. Was that the mood you wanted?
    Laughing.gif!
    As I always keep telling my models, "the camera sees everything". Yes, the going back was the most natural fersure:-)
    Cheekbones: let's call it a MUA disaster. Girl clearly didn't know what she was donig. I interfered later,but first.. argh... Michelle has indeed a lot of Aztec blood in her, so her cheek bones are very prominent.
    Under the rock the makeup was fixed and I had at least some control over the lighting, but ithe water very cold, so we had to wrap up the whole thing in under 10 minutes...ne_nau.gif
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Laughing.gif!
    As I always keep telling my models, "the camera sees everything". Yes, the going back was the most natural fersure:-)
    Cheekbones: let's call it a MUA disaster. Girl clearly didn't know what she was donig. I interfered later,but first.. argh... Michelle has indeed a lot of Aztec blood in her, so her cheek bones are very prominent.
    Under the rock the makeup was fixed and I had at least some control over the lighting, but ithe water very cold, so we had to wrap up the whole thing in under 10 minutes...ne_nau.gif
    Yes, cold water is bad. I almost froze one of my models. She's ok now but I couldn't make her go near Iowa winter water ever again. We were in and out of hypothermnia level well under 20 minutes... but I was cold and her lips were blue!
    So that's what it was... I should've picked up on the make up probs. Dang it. I know I talk funnay, quit pointin it out! JEEZ! thumb.gif
    FOr ten minutes and a make up refix you sure are a pro. I'd have lost my composure before that. I get wrapped up in details and I'm a strict pessimist. :ivar