Welcome to Paradise - Rannoch moor Scotland

Emmanuel CoupeEmmanuel Coupe Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited September 2, 2008 in Landscapes
311604145_jQ3Zu-X3.jpg

~Welcome to paradise~

Shot in Rannoch Moor in the Scottish highlands. When I’m in the hell of a big city like Paris in the crazy world I like to remember being there in the winter with water everywhere making it extremely difficult to walk, just the way I like it.
That day was almost a lost cause due to intense rain (almost like all my winter days in Scotland) but again I was not to be without any photographic opportunities, Scottish light yet again didn’t t fail me, the rain stopped just enough during two moments during the whole day this one of them.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Shot at f20 @ 1 sec with 2 stop hard edge filter. In Photoshop some masking on the horizon to lighten it up a touch and enhance the sense of depth. Color saturation in Lab mode and added little color warmth (maybe I should buy a warming polarizer :scratch )
www.emmanuelcoupe.com

"Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. We did not weave the web of life; We are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselvs.." Chief Seattle

Comments

• geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    You did a fine job considering you didn't have a polarizer. Although, I am not sure how much it would have helped you here. You could try software like Tiffen Dfx in order to emulate different types of filters. I find it works quite well as long as it is not over used.
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited June 13, 2008
    Very nice Emmanuel.

I like the treatment of the sky.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif love the lone tree!!
    Aaron Nelson
  • caz1958caz1958 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2008
    I'm off here next week. Lets hope i get half as good an image as this,. you've done well. i'm jealous already.:D
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif love the lone tree!!

Yeah, that lone tree is pretty good. You should have swam out to that island to get a better shot! nod.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Lovely as usual, Emmanuel. Congratulations. Sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com