World Trade Center

cbsnetcbsnet Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 14, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Took a bunch of photos yesterday at the construction site. Trying to find something that is good for the theme. Any thoughts on this? Also have a bunch of photos on my site in the gallery section.

Would appreciate any advice.

312075052_6iWPU-M-4.jpg[

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    i like all of them, ofcourse knowing what construction site this is affects my interest in them..

as for the contest theme i think the shot of the scoop full of dirt close-up would fit great...it tells a story to me that hits hard....but again maybe its knowing or having knowledge of the site. (if it were a regular ol' site...i dont know if i would find it interesting)

imho...use the scoop it has geometery...but stress the title as where/what is going on....

my .02
    Aaron Nelson
  • cbsnetcbsnet Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Thanks!!! I'll take a look at that one again. Interesting site to work at.

-carl
    i like all of them, ofcourse knowing what construction site this is affects my interest in them..

as for the contest theme i think the shot of the scoop full of dirt close-up would fit great...it tells a story to me that hits hard....but again maybe its knowing or having knowledge of the site. (if it were a regular ol' site...i dont know if i would find it interesting)

imho...use the scoop it has geometery...but stress the title as where/what is going on....

my .02
    edited June 14, 2008
    How about this one?
    312220989_6REN4-M-2.jpg
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    Personally, I think there should be enough visual clues in the pic itself for viewer to be able to identify the site / location - without having to rely on the title.

Think I'd be looking for something that offers such info - even if it's slightly cryptic / subtle ... a site operators hat legend / lunchbox / timesheet ... etc ...I dunno what's available or so marked up.

Apart from that being jimo, one (dunno about t'other) judge looks at the pics stripped of all other info (as I understand it) - and if that includes title, then ... well ....

Otherwise, last pic (especially) looks like any bldg site - I've been taking 'record of progress' pics just for personal interest of stuff going on in city where I live - this could be one of 'em.

Don't forget the 1/2 lb of salt, btw :)

pp
    edited June 14, 2008
    In keeping with the theme, I just did a crop on this one. Any comments?

-carl
    312922940_SRsWp-M.jpg