Options

Looking for some Album Producing Software

planzplanz Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited June 17, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Hi All

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this or not....

Besides uploading to Smugmug for my photos, I like (and my wife likes) to have a photo album in hand.

I'm looking for some good software that makes this easy.

For instance resizing and rotating prints, changing backgrounds and themes, adding text and captions.

Then being able to save and print these multiple images on one sheet.

Any ideas???

Thanks
Phil Lanz

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Check this out: http://lumapix.com/

THe software is called FotoFusion. I've used it quite a bit, and it is pretty powerfulw hat you can do with it.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Hi Phil wave.gif

http://www.blurb.com/

You can also use your photos directly from your SmugMug account thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Check this out: http://lumapix.com/

THe software is called FotoFusion. I've used it quite a bit, and it is pretty powerfulw hat you can do with it.

Which version are you using that your happy with? They seem to have three, but I think the extreme is out of my range.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    planz wrote:
    Which version are you using that your happy with? They seem to have three, but I think the extreme is out of my range.

I have just used the Essentials version.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    Are you wanting to print albums or wanting to design albums to be stored on disk(s)...........
    I use a software called FLIP ALBUM PRO ...........unfortunately Smugmug doesn't support it.....it would be fantastic if they did..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 14, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Are you wanting to print albums or wanting to design albums to be stored on disk(s)...........
    I use a software called FLIP ALBUM PRO ...........unfortunately Smugmug doesn't support it.....it would be fantastic if they did..........

I'm really looking for something that to put print albums together with.

I'm exploring the FotoFusion that was recommended, but unless I'm mistaken it seems that only the most expensive version has the ability to handle multiple pages.

How does anyone build an album if you can only store one page at a time??

Or am I wrong about this feature

Phil Lanz
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I have just used the Essentials version.

If you don't mind me asking. If you can only produce one page at a time, how do you organize to build an album of pages for a particular shoot.

Thanks
    Phil
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    I actually use it more for home projects where I can do a single page at a time. I just save each page as a different file. Not the most ideal, but for the money it works for me. I understand that would not work for a PRO, but then a pro could probably afford the higher end version mwink.gif