New Kodak Paper

coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited July 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I'm curious what everyone else thinks, but the last set of prints i got in for a customer was the first set using the new Kodak paper via EZ Prints.

I swear it looked like most of them were off in color and resembled prints I'd get off my $200 ink jet at home.

am I the only one noticing a difference with the switch to Kodak?

thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    Hi Greg, can I have your order# so I can look it up? Thanks!
  • coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    Hey Andy

Thanks for the reply...Order #7568705875765306

Let me fore warn you thought that only some of the prints in the entire order were professionally done for customers...the others were just personal shots to save on shipping and submitted 'as is'. Maybe look at image 83381716.

...but when i first saw the prints for customers, i immediately thought there was something off. Every time i had ever seen prints come previously, I was always WOW'd and always got similar comments from customers.

Now...I know that you and the rest of the incredible folks at SMUGMug would have never pushed the switch to Kodak paper unless you honestly thought it was better. So i sincerely mean it when i say that I hope i simply duffed the color space before submitting or something. Based on the fact that i don't see anyone else complaining I'm assuming it's just me.

..so, SMACK me down Andy...i look forward to your response.
    edited June 14, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Greg, can I have your order# so I can look it up? Thanks!

by the way...Andy's inquest into my thread is a testament as to why Smugmug is the best.

Thanks again Andy and SMUGMug
    edited June 14, 2008
    coleygm wrote:
    by the way...Andy's inquest into my thread is a testament as to why Smugmug is the best.

Thanks again Andy and SMUGMug
    My pleasure :D

That order# isn't our order #... it'll be 6 digits, 5XXXXX or 6XXXXX.

Or you can give me your email address used for the order ( i tried your email addy on file @ Smug, didn't pull up the order).

Back to you on Sunday thumb.gif
    edited June 15, 2008
    That order number was from EZPrints, and is the only order number I have. Email on account regarding is: (removed by andy)
    Sorry for any confusion.
    edited June 15, 2008
    coleygm wrote:
    That order number was from EZPrints, and is the only order number I have. Email on account regarding is: (removed by andy)
    Sorry for any confusion.
    Hi, okay, got the email address - but I can't find you in the SmugMug system. Did you order via SmugMug? I'm really sorry but I want to help :) But I must be able to find the order in our system, and to do that, I need the email address used to place the order on SmugMug or the 6digit SmugMug order - and thus far, with what you've given me I can't find it :( I'm so, very sorry!
    edited June 18, 2008
    Hey Andy,

No..this was ordered directly through EZPrints as i was the one ordering them.

That being said, I'm still curious if anyone else has noticed any issues witht he Kodak paper.

on another note, maybe i don't need to ever order directly from EZPrints. I thought though that SmugMug always takes a portion of all sales...so if it's just me ordering for me and/or a customer i order through EZPrints to save the money.

let me know if I've had this wrong.

thanks
    edited June 18, 2008
    coleygm wrote:
    Hey Andy,

That being said, I'm still curious if anyone else has noticed any issues witht he Kodak paper.

on another note, maybe i don't need to ever order directly from EZPrints. I thought though that SmugMug always takes a portion of all sales...so if it's just me ordering for me and/or a customer i order through EZPrints to save the money.

thanks
    You're free to do what you like :) But I cannot help you so well (and this is why after many attempts at trying to find your order I couldn't ) when you work with EZPrints directly :)
  • DavidEgolfDavidEgolf Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    coleygm wrote:
    Hey Andy,

thanks

We are interested in your order and quality as well. Sorry for the late response but just had a new baby on the 17th of June and was out of the loop for a bit. Interested in the quality and have you contacted anyone in our customer care department. Let me know if there is anything we can do to check the color and reprint if necessary.

Thanks,

David Egolf
    Quality Engineer
    David Egolf CafePress Svcs.
    1890 Beaver Ridge Circle
    Norcross, GA 30071
    W : 678-405-5500 ext 5620
    C : 678-790-4553
    edited July 11, 2008
    DavidEgolf wrote:
    We are interested in your order and quality as well. Sorry for the late response but just had a new baby on the 17th of June and was out of the loop for a bit. Interested in the quality and have you contacted anyone in our customer care department. Let me know if there is anything we can do to check the color and reprint if necessary.

Thanks,

David Egolf
    Quality Engineer

Thanks David...i still have some of the old paper used for some of my advertising prints so I'm going to just order the same picture with my next order to compare them both....and I'll get back to you.

...on a different note, when are yall going to get metallic paper? I hate using Mpix, but i have to when my customers ask for metallic?

thanks again
    edited July 11, 2008
    coleygm wrote:
    ...on a different note, when are yall going to get metallic paper? I hate using Mpix, but i have to when my customers ask for metallic?

thanks again
    Soon we hope thumb.gif
    edited July 11, 2008
    and regarding Mpix...they do a great job advertising and such as i see them listed everywhere...hence why i get requests for 'those metallic prints from Mpix' from customers...but their interface is HORRIBLE.

I recently filled out a survey for EZPrints and made some comments how to improve their site...but WoW the Classic side of EZprints is a dream to use for bigger complex orders as compared to the hunk of steaming donkey droppings that is the Mpix ordering system.

I guess like evyerhting, you don't appreciate what you have until you go elsewhere and realize how good you had it.

EZPrints...get the everythingmetallic paper, along options for board mounting photo's and die cut...and you'll be unstoppable. Also, if i may suggest some of the other things that i get requests for from Mpix such as game tickets, stand outs, etc... that would be even better.

thanks again everyone!