Madame President

SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 16, 2005 in People
Our company just hired a new president and I had a chance to shoot her photo for press releases. Just a simple head shot, but I kind of like it. Corporate types don't give you much time, had about 5 minutes with her before she went into a meeting. Fuji S1 Pro, 105 2.8 Micro lens, 1/125th at f16 with 2 photogenic strobes with softboxes. Gray seamless paper background. Used Noise Ninja to smooth her complexion, added some saturation and sharpening. Dodged the whites of her eyes a bit. Her teeth really are that white however.

19561556-L.jpg

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    I bet she'll be pleased with that! thumb.gif
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Steve
    gubbs wrote:
    I bet she'll be pleased with that! thumb.gif
    I would agree looks great to meclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    nice!
    she's got a nice smile & you've captured it well.
    I'd suggest, if you've got the time 'healing' the dark patch on her throat.

Our company just hired a new president and I had a chance to shoot her photo for press releases. Just a simple head shot, but I kind of like it. Corporate types don't give you much time, had about 5 minutes with her before she went into a meeting. Fuji S1 Pro, 105 2.8 Micro lens, 1/125th at f16 with 2 photogenic strobes with softboxes. Gray seamless paper background. Used Noise Ninja to smooth her complexion, added some saturation and sharpening. Dodged the whites of her eyes a bit. Her teeth really are that white however.

19561556-L.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:

I usually don't remove any blemishes that are a permanent part of the person, I just try to make them a little less noticeable. I might try softening the contrast in that area a bit more. Thanks for the feedback.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Nice work. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 13, 2005
    Steve,

I hope she likes it. It looks really good to me thumb.gifthumb.gif

If she really likes it, maybe she'll promote you to Director of PR shots.....lol You know bonuses, stock options, the works rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Well, she was very happy with the photo, she didn't request any additional poses or retouching. Hopefully she'll tell all her corporate-president friends how much she liked it.

You never know, sometimes you think you did a great job and they hate it, sometimes you think you did a crappy job and they love it. I was doing assembly line-type portraits for a seminar, set the lights once, look at the camera, smile, snap, next victim, no postprocessing, just print it. Guy comes up to me afterward and wants to shake my hand, says no one has ever made him look so good. ne_nau.gif I thought it was crap, but hey, what do I know?
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    Excellent jobthumb.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Susan