Ch36 - torch light: comments please (5 imgs)

adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
edited April 14, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm on the right track of what I want to achieve but I'd like to hear what you think.

None are cropped or PS'd in anyway because I'm not *that* happy with them, I'm going to try and find some time to reshoot.

DSC07060.jpg

DSC07100.jpg

I like this
DSC07043.jpg

and this is really what I wanted to achieve - it's growing on me.
DSC06977.jpg

this is my attempt at 'light painting'. The subject is too small & torch too bright.
DSC06972.jpg
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Adrian
my stuff is here.....

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    #1 and #4 are pretty creepy.

Interesting shots.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    I think that three is like a model. It's kind of fun that there almost seems to be feeling there, that's what makes these dolls creepy for me.
    I think if you are going for that creepy look 2 and 4 are the best. However, I believe that 2 is better than 4 because the angle of light on the face is better. All I would suggest when you reshoot is to do the same thing you did in number 2 but for us to at least see her eyes. Like I said before those eyes are life like and that's what makes those dolls creepy.
    The shots remind me of the time I would run up the stairs to bed because she had about 12 of these dolls staring at you from the bottom of the stairs.
    Nice job, can't wait to see you reshoot- hope you get the time.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    I love them. I do like #3 best, would never thought of using a doll, but is just so perfect.

I am not a fan of horror, but I think I have seen this effect somewhere before. In a poster or mag ad, I would never go to a movie that I even thought one of those dolls was in. (That is how well done it is) And I would run upstairs, too.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    thanks guys
    Excellent. Creepy was what I was aiming for.

now you mention it I seem to remember some 'horror dolls' movie from mid-eighties (I was probably horribly mentally scared).

I'll try to do the uplit one and catch the eye(s). but it's fairly hard to light as the doll's head is quite small.

ginger_55 wrote:
    I love them. I do like #3 best, would never thought of using a doll, but is just so perfect.

I am not a fan of horror, but I think I have seen this effect somewhere before. In a poster or mag ad, I would never go to a movie that I even thought one of those dolls was in. (That is how well done it is) And I would run upstairs, too.

ginger
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 13, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    Excellent. Creepy was what I was aiming for.
    bullseye! lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Really like these - especially #3. thumb.gif

Email
  • micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Nice shots Adrian! For some reason, the first one reminds me of the movie "The Blair Witch Project." :grim
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Definately makes your skin crawl. What was the name of that Steven King movie? :jawdrop
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    They are totally evil shots, It's amazing what good lighting can do to something so innocent. Did you ever see "Chuckie" the movie, this doll could be his girlfriend!

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Yipes....
    Number two...freeeeeeaky but my fav. One of those things as a child you hope isn't in your closet or under the bedpeepwall.gifyikes.gifOogle_anim.gif
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    #3 gave me the willies! Good subject!
    ~mel
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    bullseye! lol3.gif

My thoughts exactly.