Options

Olympus FL 36

KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
edited June 15, 2008 in Technique
Ok, any tips.... I just got this flash and have no clue what to use on it. Manual, FP TTL, TTL auto, FP TTL auto, FP Manual?!?! Which one is used the most, and what is FP?
~Katie~
:barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
2 Canon 14-55mm
Canon 55-250mm f4.0
Canon 580EX
Canon 580EX II

Comments

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    When I first got my FL-36 I learned a ton by the FL-36/FL-50 setups for different situations as provided by E B on fourthirdsphoto.com, a site specialized on Four Thirds cameras and accessories.

If you have specific questions about your flash, it really helps to study the manual. If you didn't get one with your flash, you can download it online at the Olympus website.

On page 21 of that manual you'll find a description of the different flash modes, and the suggested type of usage. With the Super FP mode, you can sync at a different (higher) speed than the maximum flash sync speed your camera has.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    marlof wrote:
    When I first got my FL-36 I learned a ton by the FL-36/FL-50 setups for different situations as provided by E B on fourthirdsphoto.com, a site specialized on Four Thirds cameras and accessories.

If you have specific questions about your flash, it really helps to study the manual. If you didn't get one with your flash, you can download it online at the Olympus website.

On page 21 of that manual you'll find a description of the different flash modes, and the suggested type of usage. With the Super FP mode, you can sync at a different (higher) speed than the maximum flash sync speed your camera has.

Thanks a lot!
    ~Katie~
    :barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II