2.2 - Flames and Fluid

JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited June 15, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
With one day to go my creative juices usually get going, and since I couldnt do much with that leaf shot I posted earlier, I switched to a fluid focus.

Here are some I shot today. Let me know what you think. Which one is best? Any ideas for titles?

313215249_4v9MC-L.jpg

313222157_5FRrE-L.jpg

313214441_XiGP9-L.jpg

313215620_9SrXL-L.jpg

Thanks
Jethro :D
My Blog
Jethro Kingston Photography
Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE

Which pic? 10 votes

40% 4 votes
30% 3 votes
0% 0 votes
30% 3 votes

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    Don't see a #2, but of the three I do see, #4 works best for me for the theme.

#1 seems static - no sense of fluid (although I assume that the bright shape on the ground is fluid I can't tell). #3 is interesting but the large white area at the top distracts and for me destroys any "wow" value the photo might otherwise have had.

#4 is compositionally the most interesting to me - like the steps - and I get a real feeling that the liquid just splahsed out of the bottle.

Best of luck to you!

Virginia

Email
  • JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    Thanks Virginia, I agree with what you have said about 3, but I put it in anyway for other people's opinions. No.2 is similar but without that white area - I find it a stronger image. You should be able to see it.. but otherwise its here
    Thanks
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    Just my two cents but I think two would be stronger if you cropped it closer. The label on the bottle is distracting otherwise I like 4 best also.

Peace, gail:D
  • JwillJwill Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    Ey Jet... I really like the silvery puddle of water in #1 - It's so smooth - I't looks like fluid to me. Of the remaining ones, I like #2 best - Its more interesting than #4 and a better execution of #3. It would be better if it had a story - why is the metho there? how did it get set on fire? A good title or a re-shoot with some element of a story in there could make it stronger

Just my 2bob. I'm glad you've got something -My creative juices haven't worked any magic yet.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    With these images I would say number one looks the best, its composition is nice, and then the reflection off the water looks almost metallic and really is strength of that image. With number two and number three. I love the concept, but those two images just need something else. I'm going to agree with the above post about the bottle, I think that takes away from it. If you could put the flammable liquid in the old pop top bottle perhaps with a similar composition to number two. You might be able to combine the strengths of both of them.