Options

Replaced Photo Issue?

gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited June 20, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi All

Not sure if it is me or my PC, but lately I have noticed that when viewing the photo that is replaced prior to sending off for printing, it seems to be not focused or granular and not as nice as the one that it was replaced with. When I initially upload them to the gallery they are fine, it is just during the replacement portion...is this a known issue that I am not aware of? Will it effect final print? I have not changed any settings in PS...and viewing through IE appears to be fine when viewing the picture outside of SM.

Thanks
Ed
Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
http://ergphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    gman33 wrote:
    Hi All

Not sure if it is me or my PC, but lately I have noticed that when viewing the photo that is replaced prior to sending off for printing, it seems to be not focused or granular and not as nice as the one that it was replaced with. When I initially upload them to the gallery they are fine, it is just during the replacement portion...is this a known issue that I am not aware of? Will it effect final print? I have not changed any settings in PS...and viewing through IE appears to be fine when viewing the picture outside of SM.

Thanks
    Ed
    Hello, could we have a link? Thanks Ed.
  • Options
    corosariocorosario Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2008
    gman33 wrote:
    Hi All

Thanks
    Ed
    Ed,

I was noticing the same thing when replacing pictures but after reading this thread I was not the only one noticing the same problem. The workaround is to rotate the picture after it has been replaced and rotate it back to the correct orientation, that should make the system generate a new set of images for display. The original should be fine and you will not see anything wrong on the print. Hope it helps!
  • Options
    gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    Guys

Sorry for the delayed response

Andy - they are all of the ones that have been recently purchased and I replaced. The galleries are password protected...but I think you can see my sales

Corosario - I did what you said and that did resolve the issue but something has to be wrong as I tried replacing pictures using FF, IE and Avant Browser on different machines with the same results. So I am not sure where the issue is but has me concerned

Thanks again
    Ed
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    gman33 wrote:
    Guys

Sorry for the delayed response

Andy - they are all of the ones that have been recently purchased and I replaced. The galleries are password protected...but I think you can see my sales

Corosario - I did what you said and that did resolve the issue but something has to be wrong as I tried replacing pictures using FF, IE and Avant Browser on different machines with the same results. So I am not sure where the issue is but has me concerned

Thanks again
    Ed
    Ed, please write the help desk, with specific order# so we can investigate thanks.