IR - Balloons over the bay

pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
edited June 17, 2008 in Landscapes
These things floated over me just as I was setting up the IR-camera. They were moving pretty quick - fast enough for me to forget the quality setting :lol3

Anyway, balloons.

313637678_ZimXz-L.jpg

I think I'm starting to get the hang of processing IR-shots :D

C&C most welcome!
Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    The IR gives this a very dreamy effect - which is suitable for the balloon in that huge sky!

I do with the subject was bigger but I know that from so far away there's only so much you can do. Great to hear you're getting the hang of IR because I look forward to seeing more! thumb.gif
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    The IR gives this a very dreamy effect - which is suitable for the balloon in that huge sky!

I do with the subject was bigger but I know that from so far away there's only so much you can do. Great to hear you're getting the hang of IR because I look forward to seeing more! thumb.gif

Thanks Schmoo!

Yeah, the subject could be bigger. That's how far they got to before I had my exposure dialed down far enough :D

The way I work with IR on the field is a bit, odd. I have a clear glass filter replacement on the sensor, because the camera needs to see the Hydrogen-alpha from the night skies. That band is at 645 nm, which is just too far into the visible range for daylight IR. So I use a R72 filter on the lens - and oddness results.

I have no viewfinder unless I'm shooting at, say, a bright sunset. There's no metering either. AF works, sort of, it's got a front-focus issue which doesn't matter because I can't see what the camera used to miss the focus with. I just see the viewfinder display hanging against a half of my normal field of vision.

So you'll see me waving around half-blind dialing in my exposures and comps. Lots of chimping lol3.gif

And the filter only fits my ye olde kit 18-55 and the 85/1.8, need to get one of the proper size...

It's still fun, even with and sometimes because of all the fuss :D

Here's a couple more, since you asked so nicely :D
    From the same set as the b'loons comes a path in the reeds:
    313700092_DF8eS-L.jpg

And this was in OCS just a while ago (shameless re-run):
    309526709_teo2a-L.jpg
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/