Bee Orchid

StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Holy Macro
Went for a walk yesterday while waiting for a lorry that didn't show up. I hate it when I wait all day for someone who doesn't show. Especially at the weekend when I could be doing other stuff so to relax I grabbed the camera which has been gathering dust for too long and walked to a wood and look what I found.

313654296_dzw5T-XL.jpg

They are there every year but given how cold it's been, I didn't expect to find them and had to go home and find my tripod.

313657683_qC5cv-XL.jpg

It always makes me happy to see them. They get eaten by something fairly quickly so often all you see are empty stems.

Thanks for looking

Stan

Comments

• tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    I love orchids. I don't think I've ever seen this one---beautiful subject and images. Thanks for sharing them!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Stan wrote:
    Went for a walk yesterday while waiting for a lorry that didn't show up. I hate it when I wait all day for someone who doesn't show. Especially at the weekend when I could be doing other stuff so to relax I grabbed the camera which has been gathering dust for too long and walked to a wood and look what I found.

They are there every year but given how cold it's been, I didn't expect to find them and had to go home and find my tripod.

It always makes me happy to see them. They get eaten by something fairly quickly so often all you see are empty stems.

Thanks for looking

Stan

Beautiful Stan... looks like a little ducking face in the center there with an orange beak.... congratulations on your find clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    tlee wrote:
    I love orchids. I don't think I've ever seen this one---beautiful subject and images. Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks Tlee, it always make me happy to see them.

Stan
  • StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Beautiful Stan... looks like a little ducking face in the center there with an orange beak.... congratulations on your find clap.gif ... Skippy :D

Hi Skippy, They are supposed to resemble a bee but I can't really see it. I like the duckling though :D

Thanks

Stan