Deep in the forest

Mark EdellMark Edell Registered Users Posts: 672 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Holy Macro
My wife and I took our first backcountry camping trip this year. We hiked 12 miles up the Grey Wolf river in Washington State, carrying 40 lbs of camping gear each, Plus my camera equipment. It’s sad when you decide that you are only going to carry the bare essentials for taking pictures and you can only get it down to 9lbs. But I digress… anyway, we were under a heavy canopy and my long lenses were useless so I attached my Canon 200mm 2.8 to a set of extension tubes and started shooting.
Any help identifying the species of either bugs or flowers would be greatly appreciated! I know I got a moth and some small mushrooms.
:rofl

#1 (some sort of small flower)

313708921_X6Mu3-O.jpg

#2 tiny flower with very tiny critters on it :dunno
313708978_V7ZCh-O.jpg

#3 Moth
313709033_3HvGs-O.jpg

#4 Tiny flower with, I don't know what on it
313709076_Ysj7g-O.jpg

#5 More of the same
313709105_vkT8x-O.jpg

#6 Some kind of fly
313709144_hNKXd-O.jpg

#7 Tiny mushrooms
313709190_XMn7b-O.jpg

As always, feel free to critique.

Thanks for looking

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Mark Edell wrote:
    My wife and I took our first backcountry camping trip this year. We hiked 12 miles up the Grey Wolf river in Washington State, carrying 40 lbs of camping gear each, Plus my camera equipment. It’s sad when you decide that you are only going to carry the bare essentials for taking pictures and you can only get it down to 9lbs. But I digress… anyway, we were under a heavy canopy and my long lenses were useless so I attached my Canon 200mm 2.8 to a set of extension tubes and started shooting.
    Any help identifying the species of either bugs or flowers would be greatly appreciated! I know I got a moth and some small mushrooms.
    rolleyes1.gif

#1 (some sort of small flower)
    #2 tiny flower with very tiny critters on it ne_nau.gif
    #3 Moth
    #4 Tiny flower with, I don't know what on it
    #5 More of the same
    #6 Some kind of fly
    #7 Tiny mushrooms
    As always, feel free to critique.

Thanks for looking

Hi Mark, I think your moth is actually a butterfly maybe a Great Southern White??

Gosh, hard to tell sometimes what these things are, I try to match them up with images in my Bug Book but sometimes they just look a little different.

You got a great variety to show us with this lot.
    Nice use of the Ext. Tubes, they are really are handy to have.

Hope someone else is better at identifying than I am.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif ...... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin