Options

Chaco Canyon

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Journeys
I found these photos while "digging" through my external drive for something to fill the mini-challenge "All that Remains" I found too many to post there, so I'll share a couple extra's here... :thumb

All these were taken on a trip to visit my dad in the Four Corners region of New Mexico. This area was pretty heavily populated by the Anasazi up until around 1200-1300 AD when they mostly abondoned their cities. My dad was actually working as a volunteer at one of the sites and was working on writing a book about the Anasazi at the time, so I had a pretty good tour guide for my trip...
(please note, these were all taken with my trusty little point & shoot, as I only got my dSLR a few months ago, hence I blame all technical problems on the camera, and not myself!! :rofl)

A doorway at Pueblo Del Arroyo
2571770001_57a77e39e4.jpg

Abandoned Kivas at Arroyo
2572593494_77cebd984e.jpg

In a line... (doorways at Pueblo Benito, one of my favs despite the blown out highlights... remember, it was a point and shoot!! :D)
2572592384_e38f243ca9.jpg

Shattered Beams
2572592086_a609065c34.jpg

C&C are always welcome.
Thanks for looking!! :clap
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited June 16, 2008
    That neck of the woods is pretty. And it has some ancient history to go with
    the beauty.

But boy, is it hot in the summer.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    That neck of the woods is pretty. And it has some ancient history to go with
    the beauty.

But boy, is it hot in the summer.

I completely agree with you Ian!!!

It's a nice place to visit in the spring and the fall, but forget about it durring the summer... I just can't carry that much water with me!! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking... I'll make it back there one of these days with my good camera, but there's still so much to shoot locally...
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Looks like a very interesting place. Thanks for the photos to stir up my imagination.
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    DJT wrote:
    Looks like a very interesting place.

It is!! It's absolutely incredible what they built and how they lived in such a seemingly inhospitable area.
    DJT wrote:
    Thanks for the photos to stir up my imagination.

I'm happy to help!! thumb.gif

Thanks for looking!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos