Hard at play

Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
edited April 16, 2005 in People
This is my first RAW shot...jeesh...new camera, new computer...so much to read!
But I did it...with time I imagine it becomes second nature to post process and be good at it!
My grandson working on his scooter
19601335-M.jpg

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    That is a good photo, Dee. I wish I had one of those living close to me. I have 8 of them, various ages, would be great for photo ops, except they are scattered around the country.

The big problem with RAW is that it is so darn good, I never use anything else anymore.

Pathfinder, I think it is, has a great way to make sure you move the exposure thing not to blow the moon, I use it with everything, but it sure has improved my birds.

If you can't get him to tell you about it, I will try to tell you, but I am not a teacher at all. It is easy in the doing, but crazy in the telling. Pathfinder is a born "teacher/explainer".

Enjoy it all. That is a great photo, nice and tight, too.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 13, 2005
    What a cutie Trish thumb.gifthumb.gif

You did a really nice job capturing him. Especially making sure that the bill of his hat didn't shade his face and rob us of that look of utter concentration he's displaying clap.gifclap.gif

So how'd you like playing in RAW and what program are you using? I use CS RAW and it's really not too difficult, IMO. It sure comes in handy on those mixed lighting shots thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing and aren't you too young to be a Grandma?....lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is a good photo, Dee. I wish I had one of those living close to me. I have 8 of them, various ages, would be great for photo ops, except they are scattered around the country.

The big problem with RAW is that it is so darn good, I never use anything else anymore.

Pathfinder, I think it is, has a great way to make sure you move the exposure thing not to blow the moon, I use it with everything, but it sure has improved my birds.

If you can't get him to tell you about it, I will try to tell you, but I am not a teacher at all. It is easy in the doing, but crazy in the telling. Pathfinder is a born "teacher/explainer".

Enjoy it all. That is a great photo, nice and tight, too.

ginger
    Hi ginger,

Thanks. this is my only grandchild..so far. My son in law is stationed out of state so i don't get to see them as much as I would like either. They were here for a week and I was lucky enough to get a few decent shots. He is almost 2 and doesn't stop for a minute! I also was not all that familiar with my new camera and didn't have the software yet to convert the raw...so now, back to peace and quiet and I can learn.

I am going to pay old Birdman Harry a visit tomorrow..he is the greatest teacher! I am anxious for him to show me a workflow and I can pick up from there.
    edited April 13, 2005
    What a cutie Trish thumb.gifthumb.gif

You did a really nice job capturing him. Especially making sure that the bill of his hat didn't shade his face and rob us of that look of utter concentration he's displaying clap.gifclap.gif

So how'd you like playing in RAW and what program are you using? I use CS RAW and it's really not too difficult, IMO. It sure comes in handy on those mixed lighting shots thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing and aren't you too young to be a Grandma?....lol

Steve
    Hiya Steve,

thanks! I think he's pretty darn cute and a keeper! I think I will LOVE RAW!! I shot my d70 w/ 70-200 f/2.8.. I love the lens for candids. In fact it is better than I thought it would be! I just got nikon Capture software and need to read up on it but it seems like it will be a great tool! Harry recommended it and I trust his word. He will give me a lesson tomorrow!

.....and yes...I am way too young to be a grandma! But I love every minute of it!
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 13, 2005
    OK, rule #1 for product placement: don't crop out the brand.

Rule #2: probably not a good idea to mix brands unless there's a co-op agreement in place. rolleyes1.gif

Very sweet picture. He's adorable. thumb.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Got that little kid hard at work tongue action going on thumb.gif:D
    Good one clap.gif
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    He's a cutie
    My grandson is 4, they grow so quickly! Fortunately they live about 40 miles away but my daughter misses the coast so they visit us on Fridays and we have lunch with them on Tuesdays if we can.

Daughter and son-in-law don't encourage internet posting of his picture...

Dee
    edited April 13, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    OK, rule #1 for product placement: don't crop out the brand.

Rule #2: probably not a good idea to mix brands unless there's a co-op agreement in place. rolleyes1.gif

Very sweet picture. He's adorable. thumb.gif
    rolleyes1.gif Angelo,

my daughter is "all about the label" I am afraid to buy this kid a tee shirt for fear it may not be the correct one..Laughing.gif..thanks for you kind comment!
    edited April 13, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    My grandson is 4, they grow so quickly! Fortunately they live about 40 miles away but my daughter misses the coast so they visit us on Fridays and we have lunch with them on Tuesdays if we can.

Daughter and son-in-law don't encourage internet posting of his picture...

Dee
    Hi Dee,

How lucky! Every Friday..I would take one Friday a month and be smilin' So difficult when my little guy is so far away! They will be here for a month ovr the summer and I am really looking forward to that!
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    that's really cute
    edited April 13, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    that's really cute
    thanks..I was giving my lens a workout.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    Trish323 wrote:
    thanks..I was giving my lens a workout.
    Nice shot Trish.. and a beautiful child:D
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    There is no such thing as a bad photo of a cute kid xzicon_smile_cool.gif

I've been shooting a LOT more RAW of late...was formerly a "jpg only" devotee.

Here's a free RAW conversion software that's really good: http://www.pixmantec.com

Lee
    edited April 14, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Nice shot Trish.. and a beautiful child:D
    thanks Lynn! and I think he's pretty cute too!
    edited April 14, 2005
    leebase wrote:
    There is no such thing as a bad photo of a cute kid xzicon_smile_cool.gif

I've been shooting a LOT more RAW of late...was formerly a "jpg only" devotee.

Here's a free RAW conversion software that's really good: http://www.pixmantec.com

Lee
    Hey Lee,

I agree although I do get some awful shots when he is on the move.
    Thanks for the link.
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    Trish323 wrote:
    This is my first RAW shot...jeesh...new camera, new computer...so much to read!
    But I did it...with time I imagine it becomes second nature to post process and be good at it!
    My grandson working on his scooter
    Perfect Trish! What a cutie:D Great composition, capture and colorthumb.gif

Susan