Options

Can someone explain how communities work?

wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited July 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I'm a very slow learner here with a Power account. I spent months customizing my site, and am just now getting around to finding out about "communities". But I can't seem to find any information about how they work, or what you need to do to have your photos seen by the rest of the community. I even emailed the moderator of the Nature Photographers community to ask why none of my photos were being posted, and I haven't gotten any response. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    In customize gallery
    you have to chose community from drop down menu. Your whole gallery will be displayed there
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    Thank you for the response, but......
    Thank you for the response Awais. And I should have told you that I did get that far. I joined the Nature Photographers community. But this was over 3 weeks ago, and I have not seen my photos or gallery displayed.

So that leaves me wondering......perhaps it takes a while for the gallery to be displayed? or perhaps the moderator thinks my photographs are not that good? I don't know.

But do I need to do anything else other than join my gallery in order to be part of the "community"?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Yes, what Awais said. You've all ready joined the community and so all you have to do is to add your galleries to it. Go to any of your galleries and from the gallery tools pick 'customize gallery'. At the bottom of the page you should see the community section. Select the NaturePhotographers community, save and your gallery will show up in the community.

Keep in mind that communities are always sorted by most recent galleries first. That means fresh galleries will show first.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian

PS: Joining the community doesn't equal adding a gallery. *You* need to pick one or more galleries and add them. The community owner doesn't do anything, except for maybe removing galleries or adding galleries to the featured galleries section.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    Thank you!
    I appreciate everyone's help!
  • Options
    nuenanuena Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2008
    My images aren't showing up either??
    Hello,

I just created a community called "Weddings-With-Style" and I was able to add one of my galleries as a featured gallery however the other galleries that I wanted to add are not showing up.

I specified each of the galleries I wanted in the community section of the "customize gallery" section. The galleries I included in the community are also "unlisted" (because I need to keep my personal/community stuff separate from my business online proofing). Does having the gallery unlisted affect the community visibility??

I'm really new to this and I don't know what I'm doing so any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!