Nao in Kimono (Really this time!)

iamagooiamagoo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited June 19, 2008 in People
I've uploaded just these 2 to my site as I felt bad for my last unintentionally mistaken posting here. There are a lot more but it will take me weeks to get through my backlog of files waiting for editing. C & C is appreciated in all forms. I'm quite new at the studio work.
Thanks,
Chris

314791175_vbYGC-L.jpg

314791300_e82cg-L.jpg

Comments

• ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Lovely colors, and a beautiful model in a beautiful kimono :)
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    face is bit shiny on teh 1st pic. Nice and sharp and good muted colors but I wonder if might work better with some more saturation and contrast..add some pop to it.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Love them both. But especially #2- I love her hands the most- and think that they would have been the most interesting part of the frame had they not been cut off. Excellent work and lighting.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Beautiful!! clap.gif
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    Nice shots of a beautiful model. My one suggestion would be using a hair light to help separate her from the background and give the images more depth and dimension.
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"
  • iamagooiamagoo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    hairlight
    photoshow wrote:
    Nice shots of a beautiful model. My one suggestion would be using a hair light to help separate her from the background and give the images more depth and dimension.

Thanks for that, I have a rather small space to work in so sometimes I can't manage a hairlight effectively but I agree it definitely would have helped here.
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    iamagoo wrote:
    Thanks for that, I have a rather small space to work in so sometimes I can't manage a hairlight effectively but I agree it definitely would have helped here.

If you lack the space to set a hairlight there are some layer tricks you can use in Photoshop to simulate a hairlight and create a little bit of rim to separate her from the BG.

On a duplicate layer of the image make a levels adjustment that boost the midtones until the edge detail appears in the hair then simply erase all but the little bit of hair needed to provide separation and maybe adjust layer opacity a little to blend if needed and viola' instant hairlight :-)
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"