Options

how do i hide gallery without using unlist feature

hansolohansolo Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi -

I did a search but couldn't find what i'm looking for (probably not using the right search words).

I would like to hide one of our galleries from the home page but not use the unlist feature as it hides the gallery direct link.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 17, 2008
    hansolo wrote:
    Hi -

I did a search but couldn't find what i'm looking for (probably not using the right search words).

I would like to hide one of our galleries from the home page but not use the unlist feature as it hides the gallery direct link.

thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Making a gallery 'unlisted' removes it from the homepage and category/subcategory pages. You can still have a direct link to the gallery though to give out to visitors.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    hansolohansolo Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Making a gallery 'unlisted' removes it from the homepage and category/subcategory pages. You can still have a direct link to the gallery though to give out to visitors.

Yes but the direct link to the category/subcategory page does not work.

Instead the direct link to the gallery is the only option yet the URL is quite long .
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 17, 2008
    hansolo wrote:
    Yes but the direct link to the category/subcategory page does not work.

Instead the direct link to the gallery is the only option yet the URL is quite long .
    That's by design, sorry. Categories and subcategories are easy to find (nickname.smugmug.com/categoryname), but the whole reason behind making a gallery unlisted is to make it hard to find, at least for the vast majority of customers.

If it's just the length of the URL that you care about, there are a few tips. First, make sure you're not including the image.

For example, gallery/4587235_D5QMu#270482917_Z5ist is long, but gallery/4587235_D5QMu works the same way.

Also, you could use a sharegroup, so it would look like this:

share/aTP45uYEzxZ1Y

It's possible that there is some slick customization to just remove just specific galleries from your homepage, but I wouldn't know how to myself.
    SmugMug Product Manager