Options

Website freezes in IE6

PeteSPeteS Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I've got a problem with my site when viewed in IE6. In any gallery when you click on the large picture to the right of the thumbnails to view it, a black box appears at the top of the screen and IE freezes.

All works fine on my PC in IE7 but a few people have told me of the problem, all running IE6.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter

http://www.peterstarling.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Hello, please be sure you have javascript enabled in IE6. Also, is this PC at work, perhaps, or some location with firewall or other security? ear.gif

PS: Don't change your text color please, when posting - the forum will be unreadable for some folks.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Thanks for the quick response Andy.
    I've seen the problem on my dad's pc, on my pc at work and on a friend's pc. Just checked my dad's pc and Java appears to be enabled.
    I've also tried another smugmug website with a similar gallery layout and that works ok, so I don't think it's a firewall problem.

Peter
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    PeteS wrote:
    Thanks for the quick response Andy.
    I've seen the problem on my dad's pc, on my pc at work and on a friend's pc. Just checked my dad's pc and Java appears to be enabled.
    I've also tried another smugmug website with a similar gallery layout and that works ok, so I don't think it's a firewall problem.

Peter
    OK It's not java, but javascript that must be enabled.

Next thing: Security software can block access - you might have to "whitelist" *.smugmug.com - let us know?
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Ok, now reaching the limit of my computing knowledge!

I think I get the jist of what whitelisting is (though I've never heard of it before and don't know how to do it).
    If this was the issue wouldn't the whole website not work? All the galleries load with thumbnails and each gallery slideshow works, just viewing individual photos on top of the gallery page doesn't work.

Javascript is enabled.

Thanks,

Peter