Options

Are you planning to allow users to sell downloads of their own photos ?

CelsoDinizCelsoDiniz Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited April 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi, not sure you've been checking the threads where many users manifest their interest to sell downloads.

You can check on my blog http://amateurphotomoney.blogspot.com/ that I've been working with four sites that read IPTC information at upload time and they are dedicated to sell only downloads of pictures. They are BigStockPhoto, DreamsTime, iStock and ShutterStock.

The only problem is they pick only the photos they need or they like. So, I'd love to have the option to point buyers to my Portfolio Album on SmugMug and give them the option to download any other of my photos they like paying my own price.

I see many people indicating DotPhoto for that, but I've tried them and to be honest I don't like the way that site is designed, and on the other hand I love SmugMug features and I've been your user for years now. So, I would really prefer to stick with SmugMug and offer my buyers to come to SmugMug to download my photos at my own set prices.

What do you say ? Any chance or any plan for you guys to have that feature available any time soon ?

Thanks !
Celso.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 13, 2005
    CelsoDiniz wrote:
    Hi, not sure you've been checking the threads where many users manifest their interest to sell downloads.

You can check on my blog http://amateurphotomoney.blogspot.com/ that I've been working with four sites that read IPTC information at upload time and they are dedicated to sell only downloads of pictures. They are BigStockPhoto, DreamsTime, iStock and ShutterStock.

The only problem is they pick only the photos they need or they like. So, I'd love to have the option to point buyers to my Portfolio Album on SmugMug and give them the option to download any other of my photos they like paying my own price.

I see many people indicating DotPhoto for that, but I've tried them and to be honest I don't like the way that site is designed, and on the other hand I love SmugMug features and I've been your user for years now. So, I would really prefer to stick with SmugMug and offer my buyers to come to SmugMug to download my photos at my own set prices.

What do you say ? Any chance or any plan for you guys to have that feature available any time soon ?

Thanks !
    Celso.
    Hi, there are many requests and threads for digital downloads here in these forums. Smugmug does not seem to see the light on the value of DD yet.:cry headscratch.gif :cry Maybe you can make them finally see the way on this...

Here, please help the cause and make a post to this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=4996

And if you want to, post your excellent request to the main feature request thread at the top of this forum. BTw, I don't really want to see a micro payment setup, just a flexible pricing system like smugmug already has in place. Just send the original (or proper size) image to a download area instead of the printer once it is ordered. Easy money for smugmug and no extra work for Baldy!nod.gif

Good Luck

-don