Another FF Nikon????

k2c1959k2c1959 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited June 22, 2008 in Cameras
EXTRRA!!!! EXTRA!!! ......i have to say this one does sound prettty coool..:rofl
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/657828
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away......

" I wasn't born in Oklahoma, but I got here as fast as I could! "

http://k2c-ridge.smugmug.com/
Member NAPP

Comments

• jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    It looks interesting, but if it has a price of around 3200-3500, I would get the D3. It's competitor is the Canon 5d and if the D700 isn't sharper than the D3 or the Canon 5d, there isn't a compelling reason to buy it for landscapes as the 5d is better suited for that.

If the price is around 2500, it may be a different story. I am still hoping Nikon makes a D90 or D10 that has the guts of the D300.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    jonh68 wrote:
    It looks interesting, but if it has a price of around 3200-3500, I would get the D3. It's competitor is the Canon 5d and if the D700 isn't sharper than the D3 or the Canon 5d, there isn't a compelling reason to buy it for landscapes as the 5d is better suited for that.

If the price is around 2500, it may be a different story. I am still hoping Nikon makes a D90 or D10 that has the guts of the D300.

Since this body would be sharing the D3 sensor it makes sense for Nikon to be using the same sensors throughout their product line, hopefully this brings the price down.

And more about pricing, It would make sense that Nikon would change around their product line /pricing structure. They won't be keeping the D 200 300 & 700, the D200 would be dropped and the d300 would take a position closer to that of the current D200 price. Then this new camera would probably be slightly more expensive than the d200, as long as Nikon continues Their model placement as before.

Also, they would have to release the D3x at the same time, so there is still the exclusivity for the high-end pro camera, and the D3 could go and take the place of the D2H
  • EileronEileron Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    They won't be keeping the D 200 300 & 700, the D200 would be dropped and the d300 would take a position closer to that of the current D200 price. Then this new camera would probably be slightly more expensive than the d200, as long as Nikon continues Their model placement as before.

Also, they would have to release the D3x at the same time, so there is still the exclusivity for the high-end pro camera, and the D3 could go and take the place of the D2H

I agree. I thought the D200 was pretty much dropped already though.

I'd like to see the D40 innards upgraded, same with the D80.