Options

Some REALLY BIG radio controlled planes

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
edited June 19, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Until I attended this world-class event, I had no idea how far this sport/hobby has progressed. I've been a pilot a long time but the flying skills some of these guys had simply blew me away. Big money is required in these planes at this level. The owner/pilot of the yellow and white bi-plane has about $10,000 invested in it.

262096576_vfMib-XL.jpg

262096950_FnnBp-XL.jpg

262095067_azz2z-XL.jpg

262093442_LzYb2-XL.jpg

262096497_mA7UK-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    Until I attended this world-class event, I had no idea how far this sport/hobby has progressed. I've been a pilot a long time but the flying skills some of these guys had simply blew me away. Big money is required in these planes at this level. The owner/pilot of the yellow and white bi-plane has about $10,000 invested in it.

Folks involved in this hobby produce some of the nicest models.
    My uncle and my cousin were both heavily involved in this hobby,
    where my uncle competed and travelled quite a bit to fly his many planes, and gliders.

I guess they tie up mega amounts of money like us Photo Crazy people do in their toys hu :D

Gosh with the boy in the shot of the second and third images,
    gives a pretty idea as to the size of those planes thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    I've even seen some models this size that are scale replicas of jets, complete with minature jet engines. It gets pretty crazy!!

Awesome stuff though...