Options

The long walk

UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 14, 2005 in Landscapes
Shot this a few weeks ago just after sunrise, near to were i live.

It was taken with my 20D 70-200mm 2.8L+2x ext @ 140mm, 1/250 , f10 Handheld. Oh and into the sun.

any comments or critiques always welcome.

Many thanks! :):

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    Hi, welcome. I like the feel of this shot, but I can't help but wondering what the original color version looked like. Dawn, seashore, well for me that adds up to beautiful color. What made you decide to go B&W?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    Welcome to the board. Great capture you have here.

My only question (might just be me) is how did you get that ship to float in the background?
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2005
    Thank you both for your kind words.

To answer both of your questions, the picture is actually in colour. It pretty much turned out as a silhouette due to the fact it was almost taken at the sun
    The pic was actually quite hastily taken, i was photographing something else at the time with a different lense, saw these two guys walking across the mud flats and saw the shot so to speak, wacked on the lense combo and fired away.
    I shot it in raw and the only processing ive done is to apply an unsharp mask. The shot was taken from a fair distance, it was a very hazy morning (hence the boat appears to be floating) If you look above the mast you'll be able to see a very faint horizon.
    Ive printed this out on A3+and it looks a very different pic ,there's other boats ,seagulls (swimming and flying) you can even see the fork and buckets the men are carrying.I suppose thats the price you pay only being able to post such small files :cry
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2005
    a bit closer in
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    Umbro wrote:
    Shot this a few weeks ago just after sunrise, near to were i live.

It was taken with my 20D 70-200mm 2.8L+2x ext @ 140mm, 1/250 , f10 Handheld. Oh and into the sun.

any comments or critiques always welcome.

Many thanks! :):
    That is a very nice image. Excellent composition and feel. The lack of distinction between the water and the sand, and the water and the horizon made me look into the image more too.

Susan