Options

Problems w/Firefox3

photo_momphoto_mom Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited June 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi!

I downloaded and installed Firefox 3. Then I set the color management in about:config to true and restarted Firefox. Now, none of the pictures in my galleries can be seen. If I set the style to 'All Thumbs', I do get thumbnails and can click on one of those. But if I set style to 'Smugmug', no pictures. If I set the color management back to false and restart Firefox, all goes back to normal and everything is visible.

I did a search on Firefox before asking but didn't find anything that looked like what is happening to me, so if there's another thread about this I'm sorry I didn't see it.

Any clues?:dunno

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    Not a SmugMug bug so I moved it to it's own thread.
    adjusting gfx color management won't affect viewing SmugMug style. Somehow, something else got messed up, I think. Please reinstall FF3 and let us know.
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    Also. SmugBrowser does not appear to be compatible with FF3 :cry
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2008
    Just kind of flaky all around...
    Hi again!

I uninstalled and reinstalled FF3, left the color management as the default, went to the gallery below and no pictures in 'Smugmug' style. Set it to 'All Thumbs', all 3 thumbnails will display. But when you click on the portrait format photo, it does not display. The two landscape format pictures will show up. Set it back to 'Smugmug' and the 3 thumbnails show up, but the same behavior occurs when you click on the portrait format photo.
    http://tsj-photo.smugmug.com/gallery/5174749_S8hTn/1/313576920_paBCj

I went to another gallery with more photos in it and it behaves more normally. The portrait orientation photos display with no problems sometimes. Other times, they will not display.

It's just hit and miss.

Thanks for looking into it!

PS - I did want to let you know that your IPOD interface is really cool. I recently got an IPOD touch and was very pleased to find that Smugmug is IPOD friendly! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2008
    Another update...
    I had been trying all of this logged into Smugmug. I logged out to try to see what it would look like to a visitor and none of what I was describing previously happens. Closed Firefox and reopened it, and now the behavior is back.
  • Options
    populuspopulus Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    photo_mom wrote:
    I had been trying all of this logged into Smugmug. I logged out to try to see what it would look like to a visitor and none of what I was describing previously happens. Closed Firefox and reopened it, and now the behavior is back.

Firefox 3 with color management enabled works just fine for me, both on my site and on yours.

Custom settings in Firefox 3 can be tricky. Is it possible you changed another setting inadvertently? You may need to reinstall FF3.
    My Smugmug Site: photos.kimmerer.com
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    Problem solved...
    I closed all tabs, cleared the cache and all offline web content, then completely uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it again. The default setting upon reinstall is 'false' for color management. All galleries worked as normal. I set the color management to 'true' and no problems now!

Thanks Populus for checking out my gallery and letting me know that it worked fine for you! That at least told me that it had to be something resident in my environment that was blocking the pictures. :Dthumb.gif