Options

Hello There New here with a wedding question?

DreamcatcherDreamcatcher Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 19, 2008 in Weddings
Good Day,
Im new to this forum and my photography business is also new. I have done weddings before, but next weekend I am doing a 14 hour Indian wedding. I'm inside for four hours with not great lighting. I have a 530 speedlite and so does my partner. Im concerned with lighting for that. bouncing and if I need a difuser or not. But also I have never done a wedding of this type even though the planner and I have been working together on this and Ive been doing so much research on this type of event. There are many ceremonies, and events for this day. I know Ill have to make some corrections and I use Coral photo x2 but Any pointers you have would be wonderful. Thank you so much for your time!:D

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    Much of what I think about weddings is found in the link in my siggy (so I don't have to repeat it here)...

That having been said

Check out the Better Bounce Card. This will greatly improve the quality of light from the speedlight.

If you are bouncing off wall, shirts, ceiling, etc. I think I would not worry about adding a diffuser - that would just rob you of another stop or two of light and not improve the results that much. Your bounce surface will be your diffuser.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    check out Scott's page as well as doing a search on this site for wedding. You will find lots of good insights.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    14 hours???? Wow ... my hand usually falls out after 11 hours. Good luck!
  • Options
    DreamcatcherDreamcatcher Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 19, 2008
    Thank you I read and saved your advise from your website. Im just a little nervous on a occation of this type, being it not the "normal" wedding procedures I am used to. And thank you for the info about the bounce card, I will practice with that method. You all very kind. And yes 14 is a long day there are three breaks but just to eat and then continue or to travel to the next location.