My first real session....

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited June 20, 2008 in People
I was asked to take some shots of my niece and her friends getting ready for their 8th grade graduation. Here's a couple of shots, my niece is in the black and white strapless in #3. I will post more later.
C&C welcome.

#1 Sister of one of the graduates.
316332642_ptkXF-L.jpg

316332653_xNFBJ-L.jpg

316768559_pVMy7-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    Very nice...... I like the first 2 in particular, not too sure about the group shot though clap.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    The first two are nice. The last one is kinda static. In addition, would be nice to either turn the top two girls more toward the group and/or put some space between the girls. This shot has the appearance of "Line 'em up and shoot 'em".

Lighting in the first two very good as well. In the last one, you have some shadows on some of the faces.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    Looks like a real fun time Randy. I too like the 2nd best. The 3rd is a fun shot that they should cherish. It's done well I think. The shadows are so slight they don't look noticable here (just me) thumb.gif. Good to see you out shooting.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Looks like a real fun time Randy. I too like the 2nd best. The 3rd is a fun shot that they should cherish. It's done well I think. The shadows are so slight they don't look noticable here (just me) thumb.gif. Good to see you out shooting.

Thanks...I wasn't happy w/#3 either but it was a "by request" shot so I did it. I have a fewmore PP'd and will post them shortly.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    Last one is way too blue, imo.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Last one is way too blue, imo.

Thanks evoryware. That's an applied photo filter that I should tweak from 25% to probably 10 or 15% which I've now uploaded the new version.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• surlysurly Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    beautiful girls
    I like one and two but found the backgrounds are distracting