Options

Got accepted to iStockphoto....now what?

13»

Comments

• Options
    thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    wow, it's pretty cool that this thread is still going.

Oddly enough, I STILL haven't gotten a thing accepted by Istock. I've even tried getting advice on some of their forums to see what I'm doing wrong and how a photo can be saved.

I'm not really concentrating on it right now since my business is picking up, but stock photography and those kind of conceptual images are still in the back of my mind!
  • Options
    msfmsf Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Bumping an old thread, but I didnt want to create a new one just for this.

So ive been a member of istock for ages, I put up a new image once in a while. Ive been away from it for about a year, and every image I put up gets turned down, normally claiming its to grainy. I was using a Canon XT, iso 100, not increasing the exposure in raw, no shadows/highlights treatment since it can raise the noise, and if I can avoid it, no curves. They still get turned down. I figure this is due to the camera being older, and their standards have gotten higher.

So I got a new camera, Canon T2i, not for this, but this is a pleasant side effect. I took some new pictures, iso 100, no adjustment to the exposure in raw, save it as a tiff, bring it in photoshop, do some slight enhancing, nothing thta should affect the grain. save it as level 11 jpg this time, just got my rejection notice.............due to noise!!!

Whats up with this? Im not sure what else I can do.

btw, everything was shot in a light tent, with two flashes outside, proper exposure, etc.

has istock gotten ridiculous about standards? do they just not like me?

I may post a 100% crop of part of the image eventually, dont have time right now.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    I know they are extremely extremely picky... I submit to Alamy, who had the name to be harder then Istock, and I get my stuff accepted for Alamy. When I submit the same photographs to iStock, they get rejected. I am selling on istock more then on Alamy, but it is such a pain to submit... And the proceeds are extremely small too... I need to sell 200 photographs on istock to get the price of one sold on Alamy...
    So I have stuck to Alamay and do not submit any longer with istock...
    Another point I hate is that for iStock, you have to keyword before quality control, so you do a lot of lost work if the photographs get rejected...