Options

Problems uploading to smugmug with firefox v3

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited June 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have been trying to upload pictures to my galleries, and the process says it is completed. But when I go to the gallery it says "gallery is empty". :dunno

I didn't have problems with this when I used firefox v 2. Is it from version 3? or something else?

edit: it works with dragging and dropping..But I kinda like the first option better, "the simplest." This is also causing problems when trying to upload my pictures to my facebook too!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    I have been trying to upload pictures to my galleries, and the process says it is completed. But when I go to the gallery it says "gallery is empty". ne_nau.gif

I didn't have problems with this when I used firefox v 2. Is it from version 3? or something else?

edit: it works with dragging and dropping..But I kinda like the first option better, "the simplest." This is also causing problems when trying to upload my pictures to my facebook too!
    Try clearing your browser cache & cookies, then reinstall the Simple uploader to see if that helps.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    I have a similar problem since installing FF v3. The using the Simple Upload (since smugbrowser no longer works :cry) about 3 files upload then I get a message saying that the Smugmug server has returned an invalid response.

Anyone know how to revert to the old version of FF? I want my Smugbrowsers back!!!
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2008
    Now I'm only getting one image uploaded before I get the same message. I have uploaded several images to Flickr with no difficulty. ne_nau.gif

I was about to report that I installed "Send to Smugmug" and that it was working. The test batch of 5 photos uploaded just fine. So then I selected 25 photos and only the first one uploaded. Now nothing appears to be happening, drat.

Edit: I went back to IE and was able to upload my last 100 photos with the 'simple' uploader. So at least I was able to finish up. Still it was a big pain.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    Yeah I am having the same problems. I cleared the cache, and it worked for a little bit then started that problem again where it said I uploaded correctly, then when I went to the gallery... nothing.

Now I am trying "Send it to Smugmug." Which is working thus far, but I can't do that to my facebook acct as well, as I think the simple upload approach is identical.

ne_nau.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    Yeah I am having the same problems. I cleared the cache, and it worked for a little bit then started that problem again where it said I uploaded correctly, then when I went to the gallery... nothing.

Now I am trying "Send it to Smugmug." Which is working thus far, but I can't do that to my facebook acct as well, as I think the simple upload approach is identical.

ne_nau.gif

I reverted back to FF ver 2 and my problems went away. Could be that one has nothing to do with the other but at least I have Smugbrowser back!