316827494_gmVX7-L.jpg

316829136_MXvnZ-L.jpg

316829176_MnttL-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    I'm not sure what happened but the first picture makes her look like she's made of wax. I don't know if it's because she exceptional skin or if the sharpness of her hair/eyebrows are playing tricks with my mind. headscratch.gif

I feel like you are hiding them from me in the second picture. I really like the light on the girls' faces in the third one. Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    ParksonParkson Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Very nice pictures. I agree on number two my eyes are drawn to the flowers and railing instead of the girls. In number one if it was my picture I would make it an extreme closeup. How it is now it I am just staring at her forehead. I would cut right above her eyebrows and really make her eyes and mouth the focus.
    C. Rufo Photography:ivar
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Ok here's the repost of #1 and #2

322218042_kYk3Y-L.jpg

317011337_nb69u-L.jpg
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:

316996862_Udn6L-L.jpg

So do you like this one as the original or the extreme close up????
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    Parkson wrote:
    RBrogen wrote:

322218042_kYk3Y-L.jpg

So do you like this one as the original or the extreme close up????

I personally do as a photographer.....though for a parent it doesn't work as well.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    My fav of the three is the 3rd one...

In #1, I think you've probably worked too much on the center of the forehead. I see fine hair above her left eye (to our right) that is not there in the center and above the right eye. It could be, however, that she forgot to wax that spot and it's not your PP at all... headscratch.gif

In #2, I agree about the flowers drawing your eye and don't think that your 2nd version helped much. What about if you cropped to the pillar on the left and most of the bottom, leaving just a hint of the flowers to the lower left? just my $0.02.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    Frog Lady wrote:
    My fav of the three is the 3rd one...

In #1, I think you've probably worked too much on the center of the forehead. I see fine hair above her left eye (to our right) that is not there in the center and above the right eye. It could be, however, that she forgot to wax that spot and it's not your PP at all... headscratch.gif

In #2, I agree about the flowers drawing your eye and don't think that your 2nd version helped much. What about if you cropped to the pillar on the left and most of the bottom, leaving just a hint of the flowers to the lower left? just my $0.02.

C.

Hi Frog Lady,

Yes her forehead is literally untouched...her hair was like that and I didn't want to tinker with the shot that much because I really like it as shot.

for #2 I was thinking about that approach but haven't brought myself to do that yet as I think the white pillar adds that "old southern plantation" feel...even though it is New England! ;)

Thanks for the comments.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    I work in a studio and it did definately take parents awhile to get used to the extreme close up. As it did me. However, they are starting to ask for it themselves. Grandparents however, no they don't understand it!
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    Parkson wrote:
    I work in a studio and it did definately take parents awhile to get used to the extreme close up. As it did me. However, they are starting to ask for it themselves. Grandparents however, no they don't understand it!

I hear ya Parkson. I think that a close up shot like this one is considered too risque or just vain for a lot of the older generation. I'm just getting into photography but I'm always drawn by this type of shot as it really shows a lot of emotion and can create a interest of the story behind the face.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com