Options

Upload using 'Photoshop' method

dac1117dac1117 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited June 21, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I noticed the old drag & drop upload method is no longer available so I used the 'Photshop' (Bridge CS2) method, but the newly uploaded photos don't show up the gallery? Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? My site is www.woodfiredceramics.net and the upload gallery is: 4369633_CV23i. :scratch -thx! dave c.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Drag & Drop is available - look at the bottom of the uploader page thumb.gif

BUT the far-better uploader is the simple uploader, it's more robust, please try it.
  • Options
    dac1117dac1117 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Drag & Drop is available - look at the bottom of the uploader page thumb.gif

BUT the far-better uploader is the simple uploader, it's more robust, please try it.
    I tried the 'simple uploader' but it is VERY slow due to the 'checking your photo' process. It took 20 minutes to upload/check 20 small files (average filesize of 100KB.). I also noticed that the filename is being added to caption (which I don't want).

I would really welcome an uploader that allows you to assign the same 'caption' and 'keyword' to all files being uploaded. Anything like this exist or in the works?

dave c @ www.woodfiredceramics.net
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    dac1117 wrote:
    I would really welcome an uploader that allows you to assign the same 'caption' and 'keyword' to all files being uploaded. Anything like this exist or in the works?

dave c @ www.woodfiredceramics.net

It's not exactly what you want but Star*Explorer's Caption Editor allows for automatic keywords trasfer from one image to another. I didn't see a great need for transferring Captions (after all, images are usually different, so are the captions), but if you're good with copy-pasting this shouldn't be a big deal.

However, I must say that, being primarily uploader and all, S*E is not a DAM tool. If you're serious about captioning/keywording en masse you should get something more suitable for that task. I use Bridge, many use Lightroom, but ther are also other nice DAM tools on the market, some free, some not.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"