Options

Adding Galleries To A Private Category

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited June 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've been trying to orgainize all my photos in my private category into different galleries. I'm having a heck of a time trying to do this. In fact I haven't figured it out yet. Can someone help me with this?

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    1) Create the galleries in your Private category
    2) Mark the galleries as "unlisted" (if all of the galleries in a category are unlisted, then your visitors will not be able to see the category)
    3) Go to the existing gallery
    4) Either
    4a) Select "Move Photos" from the Photo Tools menu, select all of the photos that you wish to move to a particular gallery, and move them there
    or
    4b) Select "Move Photos (Expert)" from the Photos Tools menu, and one-by-one select the gallery that you want to move each photo to
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    1) Create the galleries in your Private category
    2) Mark the galleries as "unlisted" (if all of the galleries in a category are unlisted, then your visitors will not be able to see the category)
    3) Go to the existing gallery
    4) Either
    4a) Select "Move Photos" from the Photo Tools menu, select all of the photos that you wish to move to a particular gallery, and move them there
    or
    4b) Select "Move Photos (Expert)" from the Photos Tools menu, and one-by-one select the gallery that you want to move each photo to

Thanks I will give this a try with hopes I succeed :D
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    Thanks I will give this a try with hopes I succeed :D
    If you have many many galleries or galleries with the same name I would
    suggest opening the "go to" gallery and temporarily add an "x" in front of the
    gallery name. Then on the move page in the "move to gallery" dropdown just
    hit the x key and it'll jump to that gallery. Then after the move remove the x.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    If you have many many galleries or galleries with the same name I would
    suggest opening the "go to" gallery and temporarily add an "x" in front of the
    gallery name. Then on the move page in the "move to gallery" dropdown just
    hit the x key and it'll jump to that gallery. Then after the move remove the x.
    '

Thanks I will try this out. I hope to get it done today. If I have any problems I will let you know :D