Options

Homing Pidgeon that will not go away

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited June 22, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I didn't put these shots on the wildlife forum as the pidgeon is not a wild pidgeon. He arrived a few days ago. I would welcome any advice to improve the shots as I am still continuing to learn this wonderful art of photography.
Regards
Bob
317155376_NscFo-L.jpg
317156079_TYWZJ-L.jpg
317155821_eRgwi-L.jpg
317156325_rsasF-L.jpg
317156579_NH5vt-L.jpg
317156903_WZgot-L.jpg
317157164_gMCtM-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    I did read somewhere that sometimes when a homing pigeon gets lost it can stay at it new home for several months and then will suddenly set off again to it home.

Unfortunately it usaully gets the chop when it gets home, nobody wants a pidgeon that takes months to return home.

Nice set of pictures, even if they are nicknamed rats with wings

Tim
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Bob
    These are great. Especially #3 and #7 mostly because of the eye in these two. They really pop. I see you've fixed up the DOF issue as well. thumb.gifthumb

The OOF background in #7 is a bit noisy. I had the same problem until GOLDENORFE on the macro forum steered me to a product called "noise ninja" recently. It's a snap to use and smooths out the BG dramatically. Do a google search and you can download a free trial to see if you want it.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Bob
    These are great. Especially #3 and #7 mostly because of the eye in these two. They really pop. I see you've fixed up the DOF issue as well. thumb.gifthumb

The OOF background in #7 is a bit noisy. I had the same problem until GOLDENORFE on the macro forum steered me to a product called "noise ninja" recently. It's a snap to use and smooths out the BG dramatically. Do a google search and you can download a free trial to see if you want it.

Hey Jack
    I am pleased you liked them. Yes you are certainly right 7 is awfully noisy. Goldenorfe (Phil) is excellent with his Macro. Wow I really appreciate you giving me the details of noise ninja.

Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I didn't put these shots on the wildlife forum as the pidgeon is not a wild pidgeon. He arrived a few days ago. I would welcome any advice to improve the shots as I am still continuing to learn this wonderful art of photography.
    Regards
    Bob

So you've got a new pet Pigeon hu Bob :D
    Nice looking bird, bit of a poser too.

If he hangs around for long enough you will be able to get lots of practise with close ups of his head thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    So you've got a new pet Pigeon hu Bob :D
    Nice looking bird, bit of a poser too.

If he hangs around for long enough you will be able to get lots of practise with close ups of his head thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Yes you are quite right in what you say Tim. He will certainly get the chop if he decides to go home.
    Yes Maxine he or she is a real poser and is giving me loads of practice shots with different lenses. What's this new camera in the pipeline?
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    Very nice images, Bob. I like all of them. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Very nice images, Bob. I like all of them. thumb.gif

Hi Lee,
    I am so pleased you enjoyed them. This morning the bird has flown. I feel so sorry for it as it will get the chop when it arrives back home. I was gonna look after it soft old me.
    Regards
    Bob