Surfing the winter solstice.

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited June 23, 2008 in Sports
Its the winter solstice here now. I cant wait for it to warm up again.

Surf Ski (or as called by the local surfers...a goat boat) The bloke could bloody well handle it beautifully though...great to watch him catch anything.

317152421_GwDEG-XL.jpg

317154970_KkXa7-XL.jpg

317154011_JEbjs-XL.jpg

317154473_iykry-XL.jpg

317155470_wLuvA-XL.jpg

317155966_kdY36-XL.jpg

Water taxi to take surfers over to South Stradbroke Island. Most paddle across but it can be very dangerous with currents & shipping.

317153506_PkfXA-XL.jpg

This bloke & his mate were really getting into it...i was a long way away from them though.

317156472_3mzyt-XL.jpg

317156979_p52kR-XL.jpg

317157437_rHsKz-XL.jpg

317152990_oTbLz-XL.jpg

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    One heck of a fantastic series,,,,,,,,,,the goat boat would be my kind of surf board.........well i prob ought to stick with canoes.......
    The jet-skiers are absolutely NUTS......I've jumped'em but never that high......kinda figger'd them to just moto-bicycles ...... okay to jump'em a bit but if too high too much stress on underside and way to much vibration/shock for my lower extremities to handle.............:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Tks Art...i recon the hulls on those jet skis would have to be made tough.

2 more i forgot about.

Not a lot you can do camera wise when the sun rises behind them.

317170389_bVyLV-XL.jpg

317170915_HaZNh-XL.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    bloody nice, mate thumb.gif
    edited June 21, 2008
    Tks mate. No bikinis though.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Damn....those last 2 are magnificent shots......right out Hawaii 5 O......that noise works perfectly in both shots.......thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited June 21, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Damn....those last 2 are magnificent shots......right out Hawaii 5 O......that noise works perfectly in both shots.......thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    Tks Art...that first one just came out that colour. The sun across water does some funny stuff at sunrise...changes the way the camera thinks every few seconds.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    Excellent stuff Gus!!! I really like the light in #5 ...nice and sharp, too. And I love the last one! It's funny to think about you being in winter when we just started summer and having a heat wave here in California this weekend. :D
    edited June 22, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    Excellent stuff Gus!!! I really like the light in #5 ...nice and sharp, too. And I love the last one! It's funny to think about you being in winter when we just started summer and having a heat wave here in California this weekend. :D
    Thank you saurora. Its the only time of day to get the best light. Afternoon is great but sunrise changes constantly. Yep its mid winter but it was fine sitting the in a tee-shirt & jeans at sunrise though.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 22, 2008
    Good stuff Gus! The sunset is a nice one...How's Sheila? lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited June 23, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    Good stuff Gus! The sunset is a nice one...How's Sheila? lol3.gif
    Mate for me to photograph a sunset over the water like that would mean a 2700 mile drive rolleyes1.gif

Sheila sends her love.