Rainbows over Powfoot, Scotland

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited July 6, 2008 in Landscapes
I took these couple of shots from my front door over the Solway Firth at Powfoot, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland. Please let me know how I can improve.
Regards
Bob
316684671_6wJeY-L.jpg
316684689_vZcAc-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Wow what a gorgeous, bright rainbow!! thumb.gif

I love the light that comes with these - so low and warm. It might be a touch too warm here, a bit yellow as the blues of the rainbow itself are looking a bit green. The horizons are a bit tilted in these but that's an easy fix. I really like how the birds are so tiny and give a sense of scale to what we're looking at.

You have some great weather over by you, Bob! :)
  • summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Wonderful colors.iloveyou.gif
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Nice. I would suggest leveling out your horizon on these. The sea is dumping to the right.:D
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Nice. I would suggest leveling out your horizon on these. The sea is dumping to the right.:D

Thanks for all your replies and advising me what to do as I am learning.
    Regards
    Bob
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Like David said, the horizon should be leveled, and on the first, you might want to crop out the small object on the lower right as it's a little distracting. I really like the exposure on these. If you had a polarizer filter, you might have been able to bring out the twin rainbow on the right just little (maybe not, it depends). Nice shots!
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2008
    Beautiful
    From your front door hey...You could hand the keys over to me anytime...anytime at all mwink.gif
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."