Qestion about 105mm with ex tube

carebearyogicarebearyogi Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 22, 2008 in Holy Macro
Hi everybody,

I have a question about my Sigma 105 with the extansion tube. I just got it a few days ago. I played around with it, but Im having a little trouble getting the manual foces to work. I cant fine anywhere i can manual forces. The zoom on the sigma lens keep on zooming in out on. I put all three of my ex tube on (12mm,20mm, and 36mm) on with the sigma lens. (i think its trying to foces on the object) but its taking forever. It seem like a lot of you guys use sigma 105mm with the extansion tube. I was woundering if you guys can help me out. :thumb

I read from somewhere that i have to go into the camera setting and turn off AF and set it on manual? I dont know if that is correct or now. Im using a Nikon D200.

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    Hi everybody,

I have a question about my Sigma 105 with the extansion tube. I just got it a few days ago. I played around with it, but Im having a little trouble getting the manual foces to work. I cant fine anywhere i can manual forces. The zoom on the sigma lens keep on zooming in out on. I put all three of my ex tube on (12mm,20mm, and 36mm) on with the sigma lens. (i think its trying to foces on the object) but its taking forever. It seem like a lot of you guys use sigma 105mm with the extansion tube. I was woundering if you guys can help me out. thumb.gif

I read from somewhere that i have to go into the camera setting and turn off AF and set it on manual? I dont know if that is correct or now. Im using a Nikon D200.

Hi Yes turn the AF to MF on the lens.

Brian V.