Millenium Park

purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited April 15, 2005 in People
Visted Chicago last weekend and tried my best to get some good shots. I only liked a few, but I feel like something is missing. I'm disappointed in the blur at the left hand and foot. :/ Any suggestions? I've a sepia version here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/purified/fd9c0d6b.jpg

MilleniumPark01.png
Purified Photography
Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,238 moderator
    edited April 15, 2005
    I like the free spirit feeling in this shot. clap.gif

You mentioned that the motion bothers you - but I'm of the opinion that there isn't enough blur in the subject. Photos that capture motion are special, and a little more might be good here. This kind of happiness and enthusiasm shouldn't be frozen, IMO. It also could use a wee bit of a rotation so the lamposts, building lines and the sidewalk in the background aren't tilted. Overall, very well done. thumb.gif

purified wrote:
    Visted Chicago last weekend and tried my best to get some good shots. I only liked a few, but I feel like something is missing. I'm disappointed in the blur at the left hand and foot. :/ Any suggestions? I've a sepia version here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/purified/fd9c0d6b.jpg
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Good shot!
    I'm inclined to say I don't mind the motion blur either. It shows the enthusiasm of the moment. Also, more then just the left foot is a bit blurred, the left hand is as blurred, and the edges of the jacket are just a wee bit blurred. I like the effects, it shows the subject's motion. The framing is good, and I like the tunnel effect of the trees.

Is the subject you? If not, was it a set up, or was your friend randomly running?
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    I already saw your Chicago photos on your gj page, didn't comment tough.
    I wouldn't also mind seeing a bit more blur here, but if you want my honest opinion... you have much better chicago photos on your site.
  • purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    No, the subject isn't me, my friend was just running around when I took the shot. :)

Davidoff, really? I posted this one particularly for constructive criticism, because I thought it wasn't 'top notch'. I'm glad that my other efforts weren't in vain.
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    purified wrote:
    No, the subject isn't me, my friend was just running around when I took the shot. :)

Davidoff, really? I posted this one particularly for constructive criticism, because I thought it wasn't 'top notch'. I'm glad that my other efforts weren't in vain.
    Really.

Do you some some messenger?
    I have msn, I'd like to chat with you.