Options

New problem setting price

nobodynobody Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited June 23, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I uploaded part of a gallery to my pro account, tried to set prices through my usual method: markup certain things by a fixed dollar amount, but every time I hit "apply prices", it just sends me back to the gallery without making changes. I don't know if it will work by manually entering an amount into every box, but I really don't have time to do that -- I prefer to have 3 or 4 fixed dollar amount markups that I apply to everything, depending on what it is and what its base price is.

This problem just started within the last several days. I do have some older versions of explorer, but they worked fine within the last couple weeks. I was able to do what I needed with prices up until recently. Any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    nobody wrote:
    I uploaded part of a gallery to my pro account, tried to set prices through my usual method: markup certain things by a fixed dollar amount, but every time I hit "apply prices", it just sends me back to the gallery without making changes. I don't know if it will work by manually entering an amount into every box, but I really don't have time to do that -- I prefer to have 3 or 4 fixed dollar amount markups that I apply to everything, depending on what it is and what its base price is.

This problem just started within the last several days. I do have some older versions of explorer, but they worked fine within the last couple weeks. I was able to do what I needed with prices up until recently. Any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

Just to clarify: Are you 1) changing the amounts with the bulk tool, 2) then clicking 'Preview' and 3) then clicking on Apply Prices?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

For some reason I have it in my head that the price won't get updated if you do not press preview. I'm probably wrong though and will be corrected shortly. Maybe the attached link will help though.
  • Options
    nobodynobody Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    mrcoons wrote:
    Just to clarify: Are you 1) changing the amounts with the bulk tool, 2) then clicking 'Preview' and 3) then clicking on Apply Prices?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

For some reason I have it in my head that the price won't get updated if you do not press preview. I'm probably wrong though and will be corrected shortly. Maybe the attached link will help though.

The problem seems to be that the bulk tool is not working at all. If I manually set each price, then hit "Apply Prices", that will work, but if I use things like "% increase" or "increase" on selected items, nothing happens to the prices in the white boxes. As for the "preview" button, nothing happens when I use it.