EF 17-40mm f/4.0L YAY!!

Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited June 24, 2008 in Cameras
Well, I just got the 17-40 f/4 for a graduation gift and I am really impressed. Although members did give me suggestions for other lenses (and I thank them for their time and suggestions) I'm such a sucker for the red ring haha. I am thoroughly impressed with the lens and I don't feel I made a bad choice.. I'll try to post some pictures when I get some spare time.
Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
http://slinky0390.smugmug.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 23, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    Well, I just got the 17-40 f/4 for a graduation gift and I am really impressed. Although members did give me suggestions for other lenses (and I thank them for their time and suggestions) I'm such a sucker for the red ring haha. I am thoroughly impressed with the lens and I don't feel I made a bad choice.. I'll try to post some pictures when I get some spare time.

I love mine. Enjoy your new toy. :ivar
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Wow this is great lens if i ever bought a lens this will be my choice
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited June 23, 2008
    The Canon EF 17-40mm, f/4.0L USM is a very good to great lens with the "it" factors of great sharpness and strong contrast. Even wide open images snap and pop.

A true value in the "L" line of lenses and I love mine.

Congratulations and enjoy. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:

I just picked one up last month in preparation for a trip the canyons (GC, Bryce, Zion) at the end of the month. My test shots are looking sweet :)

Congratulations on your graduation...now hurry up and finish graduate school so you can get the 85 1.2L as quickly as possible!

- Gary.
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    I just picked one up last month in preparation for a trip the canyons (GC, Bryce, Zion) at the end of the month. My test shots are looking sweet :)

Congratulations on your graduation...now hurry up and finish graduate school so you can get the 85 1.2L as quickly as possible!

- Gary.

Haha, more like undergraduate, I just graduated high school, going to NJIT for architecture this fall. Here are some quick shots a snapped, The sharpness blows my mind. Oh, don't ask me how the iPhone still functions because I don't understand it either.

318737492_RRR8V-XL.jpg
    318737201_9mqrY-XL.jpg
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    ne_nau.gif

The 17-40 was so sharp it cracked your iPhone? dang! rolleyes1.gif Enjoy the new lens!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited June 23, 2008
    ne_nau.gif

The 17-40 was so sharp it cracked your iPhone? dang! rolleyes1.gif Enjoy the new lens!

I wish it was that, lol, I babied that thing so so much and it falls two feet out of my pocket while I was getting into my car and is pretty much decimated.
  • DVDMDVDM Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:

Wow, grats ! That's lens I wanna buy next ! Some ppl tell me 24-105 is more universal, but I think 17-40 is way sharper =) Can I see more pics from it ?
    Thanx. Dimitri
    edited June 24, 2008
    DVDM wrote:
    Wow, grats ! That's lens I wanna buy next ! Some ppl tell me 24-105 is more universal, but I think 17-40 is way sharper =) Can I see more pics from it ?
    Thanx. Dimitri
    Sure! I'll post some actual photos though, there's this Italian American Festival (just a name to make a skeevy carnival less skeevy) I'm going to try to check it out tonight and get some wide angle long exposures of the rides and stuff. I'll post whatever I take with the lens.
  • DVDMDVDM Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    Sure! I'll post some actual photos though, there's this Italian American Festival (just a name to make a skeevy carnival less skeevy) I'm going to try to check it out tonight and get some wide angle long exposures of the rides and stuff. I'll post whatever I take with the lens.

Thanx again ! Will wait. Hope that festival will be not so skeevy =)