Options

First time HDR

johnfahertyphotographyjohnfahertyphotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 23, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi, this is my first post here. I took this series of pictures yesterday, uploaded to aperture, and used the hydra plug-in to combine them into an HDR. I realize it's not fantastic HDR, but it's my first try. I shot AEB -2, 0, +2 at 100/iso f/4.

2602309900_597d3f20e8_b.jpg

C+C and tips on what processing I can/should do before creating HDR image. I only applied sharpening after creating the image.

Thanks!
John

Comments

• Options
    LovesongLovesong Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    It's very subtle, which more often than not is a good thing (especially if you're looking for realism). Hydra is OK in terms of HRD conversions. In your place I would DL the trial version of photomatix, which gives you a lot more control over the tone mapping of the final image, and, if you so desire, you can get some truly surreal stuff.
  • Options
    johnfahertyphotographyjohnfahertyphotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2008
    Lovesong wrote:
    It's very subtle, which more often than not is a good thing (especially if you're looking for realism). Hydra is OK in terms of HRD conversions. In your place I would DL the trial version of photomatix, which gives you a lot more control over the tone mapping of the final image, and, if you so desire, you can get some truly surreal stuff.

So Photomatix also does HDR... How did I overlook that! I purchased Hydra already. :-(

I see on Hyrda 1.5 there is some tone mapping... I should have done better research