Options

Question for Andy...

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hey Andy,

I noticed in this gallery of yours http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/43710_KEprr#2612881_wqamd
that your thumbnails are just the picture but the preview actually has a pseudo frame behind the picture with your Moon River Photography and Copyright info. Can you share with me how you did this? I think it is very professional and clean looking.

Thanks in advance!

-Randy
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    bleh - I used to do that a long time ago but don't. It's a photoshop technique, post in Finishing School to ask how to do it, I can't remember even :)

Sorry!

PS: I don't do it anymore b/c I want to print from my images.
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    bleh - I used to do that a long time ago but don't. It's a photoshop technique, post in Finishing School to ask how to do it, I can't remember even :)

Sorry!

PS: I don't do it anymore b/c I want to print from my images.

Hey thanks for the reply!! I thought it was something like a background watermark so that it only showed on the site and not on printed images (HEY maybe that's a hack to look into) mwink.gif

Thanks again Andy.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Nice Gallery!
    Hadn't looked at your site in a while but this thread drove me to it. Just thought I'd send kudos. I really like the organization you're using. Very straight-forward and simple to navigate while remaining both elegant and professional. Love your work too!
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    xris wrote:
    Hadn't looked at your site in a while but this thread drove me to it. Just thought I'd send kudos. I really like the organization you're using. Very straight-forward and simple to navigate while remaining both elegant and professional. Love your work too!
    thumb.gif

Thank you for the kind words Xris. I really strive to make the interface as engaging and simple as possible while providing a nice experience visually. I'm working on another idea with a combined flash w/music option for certain galleries so that a client's first exposure to the pictures is the slideshow with appropirate music which will hopefully be a more powerful first impression and emotional connection thus giving more drive to their initial static gallery visit and resulting in more sales. Subtle but I think it will be effective.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com