Options

Someone can't see my site - help!

ShutterMomShutterMom Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,

I just referred someone to my website and she just emailed the following:

"your server won't let me on & I can' find a spot where I can sign up as a new user. What do I do?"

I have no idea what she is talking about. She shouldn't need to sign up or anything to view my website, right?

Here's my site: www.lisaballphotography.com or you can go to www.lisaspix.smugmug.com I gave her the first link.

Can you help me? I have no idea what to tell her.

Comments

• Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    ShutterMom wrote:
    Hi there,

"your server won't let me on & I can' find a spot where I can sign up as a new user. What do I do?"

I have no idea what she is talking about. She shouldn't need to sign up or anything to view my website, right?

Here's my site: www.lisaballphotography.com or you can go to www.lisaspix.smugmug.com I gave her the first link.

She may be getting confused because she sees the 'login' link at the bottom of the page and doesn't understand she needs to click on your logo to enter your website.

Don't laugh, I've seen that happen more than once.

Mike.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 23, 2008
    She may be getting confused because she sees the 'login' link at the bottom of the page and doesn't understand she needs to click on your logo to enter your website.

Don't laugh, I've seen that happen more than once.

Mike.
    +1

On another forum SmugMug owns, www.advrider.com, I tried to place just a pic on it that you'd have to click on, but I had to add the word enter with a link below the photo. Hundreds of people didn't think to click the image.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    ShutterMom wrote:
    Hi there,

maybe she's in the tiny fraction of < 1% that can't use flash?

give her a link right to a gallery.
  • Options
    ShutterMomShutterMom Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Laughing.gif you were all right. She didn't know to click on the logo. :D

Problem solved. Now, I just need to figure out how to get the word "enter" near my logo, eh?

Thanks for the help!