SOLD: Canon XSi 12MP DSLR body Black $675 shipped!

chuninchunin Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited June 30, 2008 in House of Canon
** SOLD **
One week old Canon Xsi body with original invoice and all factory items and box. Has less than 100 pictures taken. $675 shipped and paypaled.

Comments

• ChadinStPeteChadinStPete Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    pm sent
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Why are you selling this?
  • chuninchunin Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Why people like ask why someone sells something. What is the importance of it? If it is almost new with invoice and in perfect working order why ask? The reason has no effect on the camera. Selling because I can't live with a camera that has no independent status monitor. Hate to use the main LCD in order to see what my aperture, ISO or apertures are.
    dlplumer wrote:
    Why are you selling this?
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    chunin wrote:
    Why people like ask why someone sells something. What is the importance of it? If it is almost new with invoice and in perfect working order why ask? The reason has no effect on the camera. Selling because I can't live with a camera that has no independent status monitor. Hate to use the main LCD in order to see what my aperture, ISO or apertures are.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. rolleyes1.gif

it is a fair question. thumb.gif just like "why did you buy it in the first place? ne_nau.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Thanks Pineapple. I own the XSi and was just wondering if there is something I should know about it that I missed. Personally I love it. $675 is a very fair and good price for this rig. :D
  • chuninchunin Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Sometimes I believe that once we are in these kind of forums that kind of questions are redundant. If I were taking pictures then I would not be buying or selling equipment. We buy and sell too much because we don't use the gear enough. Besides if someone believes that something else is going on there I don't think that you would get an honest answer even if you ask.
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. rolleyes1.gif

it is a fair question. thumb.gif just like "why did you buy it in the first place? ne_nau.gif
  • navigator72navigator72 Banned Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Chill out
    Dude,

You seriously need to chill out. What's the big deal if somebody asks a simple question about "why are you selling it".
    The defensive way you jump on people who ask questions would lead me to believe this is a shady deal. Just one man's opinion.headscratch.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Dude,

You seriously need to chill out. What's the big deal if somebody asks a simple question about "why are you selling it".
    The defensive way you jump on people who ask questions would lead me to believe this is a shady deal. Just one man's opinion.headscratch.gif

I agree. Generally us buyers like to know why someone is selling something because if there was something that they really disliked about it, it may not be in our best interest to be buying it with that knowledge. Or on the flip side, maybe you're selling because you upgraded to something bigger and better and there was nothing wrong with it at all, that type of comment is often calming. But yeah, motive and why you're selling go hand in hand. No one means any harm by asking.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 23, 2008
    what a circus rolleyes1.gif

a) chunin has several transactions at dgrin

b) everyone has a right to ask anything

beyond that, can we extend a little common courtesy to everyone? I'm not going to defend chunin's curt answer, but I'm also not going to defend this pig pile you are all staging.

this is not a discussion forum, if you don't like chunin's deal or demeanour, move on, no need to advise/rebuff/discuss/etc. If there is ever a serious consideration of fraudelent selling, which this is not (see a), please PM me. Everything else is unneccessary.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• PrescottPhotogPrescottPhotog Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    what a circus rolleyes1.gif

but I'm also not going to defend this pig pile you are all staging.

if you don't like chunin's deal or demeanour, move on, no need to advise/rebuff/discuss/etc.

I totally disagree DoctorIt. Moderator or not, you are carrying your political correctness way to far.

If I had asked the same (legitimate) question and got that reply from chunin you can bet I would have reacted the same way.

You don't spit in someone's face (in public no less) and just expect them to walk away. Man Up for crying out loud.

And you are just as bad for calling it a pig pile because someone stood up for himself.

Even though I saw the item was "Sold" I just stopped in to see why he was selling such a new model camera as well and was
    very surprised at what I read. You can bet I will remember chunin's reply for anything I see he has posted for sale in the future.

Pig Pile huh.. nice !!!
    '
    Prescott Photog, Chris - " One Shot, One Still "
    '
    Canon CPS Member
    SmugMug Pro User - www.PrescottOutdoors.net
    NAPP Member..Click for Info
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 29, 2008

Pig Pile huh.. nice !!!
    You can disagree all you like, in fact, I believe I made that clear, but you are now the 4th person to stick his nose in here and add an opinion.

The point is, you can like or dislike anyone, but this is not a forum for public opinion. We have an understood policy in this flea market that if you disagree with a price or a certain seller's ethics/comments/whatever, you don't take it public. Just like with price policing, ignorance is the easiest, friendliest, and cleanest policy.

And what on earth does "taking political correctness too far" mean?

Sometimes I think I get attacked just because I am a moderator and I'm trying to do my thankless job. Geeze!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You can disagree all you like, in fact, I believe I made that clear, but you are now the 4th person to stick his nose in here and add an opinion.

The point is, you can like or dislike anyone, but this is not a forum for public opinion. We have an understood policy in this flea market that if you disagree with a price or a certain seller's ethics/comments/whatever, you don't take it public. Just like with price policing, ignorance is the easiest, friendliest, and cleanest policy.

And what on earth does "taking political correctness too far" mean?

Sometimes I think I get attacked just because I am a moderator and I'm trying to do my thankless job. Geeze!

"With great power, comes great responsability"... plus lots of criticism... you do a fine job mate! thumb.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM