Options

API - Pricing Review / Setting

dsdeedsdee Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
Are there any plans to allow the setting, or at least the review, of the portfolio/album/image pricing ??

--David

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    I just want to chime in..
    dsdee wrote:
    Are there any plans to allow the setting, or at least the review, of the portfolio/album/image pricing ??

--David
    .. publicly and express a very VITAL interest in API to the shopping actions.

I don't want to go ballistic on this, but I would really appreciate the trouble making at least ONE one, namely smugmug.cart.addImage, which would add an image to the shopping cart. Originally I would ask for a second one (smugmug.shopping.getCart), but since the cart is cookied and persistent now it's not a pressing matter anymore.

I have a commercial customer who is willing to bring *a lot* of his hosting/printing business to SM, but the lack of the above method is a showstopper for him.

Just one method bowdown.gif.. It does not even have to have SessionID (should and better be able to work off anonymous login), imageID is the only parameter that's actually needed..

Thank you!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

I don't want to go ballistic on this, but I would really appreciate the trouble making at least ONE one, namely smugmug.cart.addImage, which would add an image to the shopping cart. Originally I would ask for a second one (smugmug.shopping.getCart), but since the cart is cookied and persistent now it's not a pressing matter anymore.

I have a commercial customer who is willing to bring *a lot* of his hosting/printing business to SM, but the lack of the above method is a showstopper for him.

Just one method bowdown.gif.. It does not even have to have SessionID (should and better be able to work off anonymous login), imageID is the only parameter that's actually needed..

Thank you!
    well, i don't mean the shopping cart actions, but the price-setting, that Pro Users can do through the web gui. With an RPC interface into it, then you could review the various prices across the whole portfolio with a bit of looping-and-fetching...
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

Thank you!

I'm sure this will happen at some point, but for right now, the URL is very simple:

https://www.smugmug.com/cart/?ImageID=#

That'll toss the item in the cart.

Don
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    That's it? Nice, thanks a bunch!!!!
    onethumb wrote:
    I'm sure this will happen at some point, but for right now, the URL is very simple:

Don
    You've made my day!!!
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    David,
    dsdee wrote:
    well, i don't mean the shopping cart actions, but the price-setting, that Pro Users can do through the web gui. With an RPC interface into it, then you could review the various prices across the whole portfolio with a bit of looping-and-fetching...
    I second yours, too!thumb.gif

I'd LOVE to have those APIs:-). Only not sure if it can actually happen anytime soon, so I would not plan my life on them, at least for the next couple of months...

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    Ok, I'm confused... Who's making the changes, Don, or Nikolai?? If the capability can't be added easily, doesn't that make it a Don issue for now to say so? Is the Nikolai 'don't plan your life on it' comment based on insider knowledge of Don's programming, or just smugmug-experienced user, and if it's the latter, can we get a comment from Don please ??

--d2
    Nikolai wrote:
    I second yours, too!thumb.gif

I'd LOVE to have those APIs:-). Only not sure if it can actually happen anytime soon, so I would not plan my life on them, at least for the next couple of months...

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    Don't be:-)
    dsdee wrote:
    Ok, I'm confused... Who's making the changes, Don, or Nikolai?? If the capability can't be added easily, doesn't that make it a Don issue for now to say so? Is the Nikolai 'don't plan your life on it' comment based on insider knowledge of Don's programming, or just smugmug-experienced user, and if it's the latter, can we get a comment from Don please ??

--d2
    I'm have no affiliation with the smugmug, except
    a) being their pro user (and a huge fan)
    b) being a professional software developer, and, as such, devloping 3d-party tool (Star*Explorer) to help other smugmugers with certain tasks.

I have no "insider knowledge".
    However, being around SM/API for a while I *think* I can make some "educated guesses". Of course, Don would know better, since it's him who actually does all this nice stuff we like so much:-)

HTH
  • Options
    jpwattersjpwatters Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 24, 2005
    onethumb wrote:

Don
    Don,

https://www.smugmug.com/cart/?ImageID=# almost works for me.

I would like to pre-populate the cart with the ImageID and the Product

for example I would like to

https://www.smugmug.com/cart/?ImageID=123456&Product="4x6 Glossy"

or something like

https://www.smugmug.com/cart/?ImageID=123456&ProductID_USERGALLERYPRICINGINDEX="50545"

the "4x6 Glossy" could be a numerical index or whatever would work for you.

I would like to let user experience be as one click as possible. They could select any other items that they would like from the smugmug cart as they finalize the order. I would like to have a link that adds a 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 for them, as well as they could click on the custom link and use the SM cart to add any of the items to it.

..jpw

Still wondering if there is an existing url to populate the shopping cart with both an image number and item selection w/quanity

..jpw