Flying

ParksonParkson Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited June 24, 2008 in People
Ok I am addicted. All I can say is what do you think about this? Comments??
C. Rufo Photography:ivar

Comments

• crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Parkson wrote:
    Ok I am addicted. All I can say is what do you think about this? Comments??

Sports can be so hard.

#1 And most important. I'm pretty sure you missed the focus. I believe the focus point is behind the player.

#2 In sports it's all about the faces. You don't even have a hint of face in this one. Sometimes photos work without faces but there has to be some dramatic moment caught to create tension and draw my eye. Faces in footbal can be very difficult, otherwise you need drama (contact, flips, etc.) This is just guy catching a football.

#3 Crop, crop, crop and more crop. Sport photos almost always need to be cropped very tightly. I believe you need a longer lense. Use the longest lense have, especially in football.

You can do some research on sports shooting. The basics will teach you how to
    1)Focus properly. There is more to it than pointing and 1/2 press.
    2)Techniques to learn to capture action and faces.
  • ParksonParkson Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Sports can be so hard.

Thank you. My brother just wanted some pictures of him playing football. They were actually just warming up not even a game going on. I kept it zoomed out because you could see him off the ground and his complete shadow on the ground. I understand everything you said - just a little more background information!!
    C. Rufo Photography:ivar