Am I Close?

erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited June 24, 2008 in People
Am I getting close to providing a good product?

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    Very nice bokeh, sparkly eyes and I love the serious face but the one thing I noticed right off the bat was that the pictures seems skewed, the persons face and body seem un-naturaly elongated/rectangular. Maybe just the upload?
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • NateWagnerNateWagner Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    yeah, I think it's pretty good. I also like the bokeh, I think the only thing that bothers me is the back of head. also, there seems to be some sort of sun glare or something coming in on the side of the head.

I do like the shot though, I think it's really quite good.
    Thanks,
    -Nate

Equipment
    Canon Stuff (and third party stuff as well)
    Tampa Bay Wedding Photography
  • erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    side of head!
    the side of the head is from that "angel glow" on photoshop...perhaps to much
    NateWagner wrote:
    yeah, I think it's pretty good. I also like the bokeh, I think the only thing that bothers me is the back of head. also, there seems to be some sort of sun glare or something coming in on the side of the head.

I do like the shot though, I think it's really quite good.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    erson83 wrote:
    the side of the head is from that "angel glow" on photoshop...perhaps to much

Yes, too much IMHO. Also it seems like it was transformed without the shift key...distorted if you will. I like the shot but think with a male, the angelic glow doesn't cut it...now if it were a princess mwink.gifrofl
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Thanks!
    Swartzy wrote:
    Yes, too much IMHO. Also it seems like it was transformed without the shift key...distorted if you will. I like the shot but think with a male, the angelic glow doesn't cut it...now if it were a princess mwink.gifrofl

I thank you for your honesty. To be honest, PS is foreign to me as of now. I got a little crazy doing things I prob. shound not of done!

We'll see how things go in the next couple of weeks
  • rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    imo, the pose is not very manly and doesnt fit the model... the pose woulda worked for me if he was a she... i also agree with Swartzy about the 'glow' effect
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    The pose is too feminine, and it makes the subjects head look strange. I'd also tone down the glow effect, if not remove it altogether. Keep in mind that men and women have to be shot differently. You don't want to shoot men with too wide an aperture, because you want some sharpness in the skin. Most male portraits don't need to be tough or gritty looking, but it cannot be feminine.