Waves

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited June 25, 2008 in Landscapes
With temps in the high 90s and 100s here over the weekend, I decided to spend Saturday down at Cabrillo National Monument where it's usually a few degrees cooler...

It was also the first time using my circular polarizer after figuring out exactly what it should be doing. I got some good results, but I think my inexperience with the polarizer tripped me up a bit in Tv mode trying to freeze the splashes against the rocks. Here's the best from the day...

2606171049_1a88d36c9f_b.jpg

Landscapes are what I consider to be my weak spot, so any comments/suggestions/critiques are welcomed! :D

Thanks for looking!! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Pretty, I can hear the splashing.thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    I really think this is good, but I'm no expert. I like that you didn't slow down the waves movement....that way the nice blue sea water really shows up and you don't get that creamy look.

The slant of the rocks really add a different element to the photo which I think tops it off. But....the car in the photo...I'd try to lose that thumb.gif
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    summerz wrote:
    Pretty, I can hear the splashing.thumb.gif

Thank you, Summerz!!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I really think this is good, but I'm no expert. I like that you didn't slow down the waves movement....that way the nice blue sea water really shows up and you don't get that creamy look.

The slant of the rocks really add a different element to the photo which I think tops it off. But....the car in the photo...I'd try to lose that thumb.gif

Thank you, Mary!

It took some playing to get the shutter speed just right so the splashes and wave would be frozen... and I think it was worth it!

Funny thing is, I took about 30 shots right here trying to get the waves and splashes just how I wanted them... and I see the car at all until you pointed it out!! rolleyes1.gif
    Time to brush up on my cloning skills!:D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Looks great. Catching the waves just right can be a daunting task.
    Steve

Website