A few roadside gems with Nikon D3/Zeiss 100mm makro planer

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in Holy Macro
All with Nikon D3, Zeiss 100mm 2.0 ZF makro-planer lens Manual focus, handheld, no kididng.

317142359_W2CrY-L.jpg

317307494_dbqEg-L.jpg

317312710_uwsTx-L.jpg

317141675_Vsc8c-L.jpg

317142703_HKSnP-L.jpg

317158344_fzKqb-L.jpg

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Very nice series Lex. I especially like 1,3,& 5 thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice series Lex. I especially like 1,3,& 5 thumb.gif

Thanks Jack!

Actually, 3 is a deep crop, so I do have the bee in the whole flower as well, and in original size it looks quite cool.

Hopefully this link should work to see 3 in the original form. I was quite pleased with this one!

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/4343891_gxHxR#317307494_dbqEg-O-LB

You know with gas prices now, I am planning to spend more time closer to home shooting. all of these were within 1 mile of my house. clap.gif Just can't jet to the mountains all the time like I did. I am trying to make those trips count these days.
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    #1 is really nice. I wouldn't change a thing about it. The colour is just beautiful and you captured all those little dewdrops? pollen? on the petals. If gas and food were so pricey right now I'd have to get my macro lens and some time and go for a drive.
    Anyone else feeling a pinch?
    edited June 24, 2008
    #1 is really nice. I wouldn't change a thing about it. The colour is just beautiful and you captured all those little dewdrops? pollen? on the petals. If gas and food were so pricey right now I'd have to get my macro lens and some time and go for a drive.
    Anyone else feeling a pinch?

CMorgan, thanks much. Actually 1 was a slight crop of the main shot, not much.

That was my point, I went less than 1 mile to get these, less than 1 gallon of gas maybe. My truck isn't real easy on gas (S10), but I don't like leaving my BMW along side the road, lol.

This was the original uncropped of #1. It is pollen on the pedals.

317142019_gUMtE-L.jpg
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    I like the crop. Makes me feel like I could just go and sit in the flower and spend a nice dreamy day about sweets and nice things. Until a big bee comes along and I have to fight to the death.
    Seasabee. Because he's covered in seasame seeds.:D The orange one is really nice too. The bokeh on it is really subtle and soft.
    I probably confuse the heck out of everyone on this site because I reference books, stage productions, games, etc. The orange one reminds me of the Nutcracker Suite, with the leg uplifted ballet move the nutcracker does to reach out for help.
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited June 24, 2008
    edited June 24, 2008
    I like the crop. Makes me feel like I could just go and sit in the flower and spend a nice dreamy day about sweets and nice things. Until a big bee comes along and I have to fight to the death.
    Seasabee. Because he's covered in seasame seeds.:D The orange one is really nice too. The bokeh on it is really subtle and soft.
    I probably confuse the heck out of everyone on this site because I reference books, stage productions, games, etc. The orange one reminds me of the Nutcracker Suite, with the leg uplifted ballet move the nutcracker does to reach out for help.

I like just the flower as well for this, it's such a beautiful flower, to me. As you may tell I tried to use rule of thirds for the original, but with the black background, there just wasn't quite enough other stuff in one way, but in another I like it. So, I like both.

Thanks Phil, I rather like that shot too. I was surprised to find these little beauties in the weeds next to a creek bed.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Lovely series- wonderful colour :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Lex wrote:
    All with Nikon D3, Zeiss 100mm 2.0 ZF makro-planer lens Manual focus, handheld, no kididng.

Lex these are really nice nod.gif
    You'd have to be pretty darned pleased with this lot. clap.gif
    Nicely done! ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin