Some insects from Hong-Kong Wetland Park

JetCrocodileJetCrocodile Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited June 27, 2008 in Holy Macro
Hi!

Sorry for the silence. I was out of Estonia since May the 30th and spent one week in Hong Kong (it is still northern hemisphere [which is hard to believe] but in some sense half way to Australia :D ). weather was terrible but I find half day relatively dry and with relatively good light to visit Wetland Park and play with my new toy. Please do not judge too seriously I even do not know the names for majority of insects (some of them size of a small bird :scratch)

319261719_7CwBv-L.jpg

319264005_RxKUz-L.jpg

Dose not looks very aerodynamics friendly. :D But it was too many of them occupying flowers, walkways and other surfaces.

319262541_Rbqc8-L.jpg

At least dragon flies were looking quite common there
319264704_aWDWG-L.jpg

319265498_HAUvc-L.jpg

At least first two, next one first scares me a lot

319268630_oKf3B-L.jpg

Next bugs were quite cooperative ;)

319266867_TV5gE-L.jpg

319272670_7kby9-L.jpg

319273228_4vrFd-L.jpg

319273843_meWzt-L.jpg

Next one tried hard to scare either me or my camera by turning its camouflage to my lens

319269756_dkFe5-L.jpg

:D

319270553_z2dHd-L.jpg

"Small" spider, just a size of sparrow... . I start to believe in all those horror stories about bugs in Australia :D

319274593_T7Wn3-L.jpg

For a moment i thought that I met Lord V. again, but then realized that i am wrong :D. Some lesson about how to take macros in Hong-Kong would be a nice surprise.

I know that I posted too many pictures, but I did not do soo since the beginning of the month.

Regards,

Sven

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Lovely series of shots Sven - some unusual bugs.
    Think #1,#2 is a leaf hopper,
    7,8,9,10 are plant bugs/sheild bugs.
    #11 is a plant hopper.

Overall I'd try to get the bugs off center in your shots by giving them more room in the direction they are looking.

Brian V.
  • JetCrocodileJetCrocodile Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Thanks, Brian.

Will try to follow your advice!
    Sven
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Lovely shots !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited June 25, 2008
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Hi!

Sorry for the silence. I was out of Estonia since May the 30th and spent one week in Hong Kong (it is still northern hemisphere [which is hard to believe] but in some sense half way to Australia :D ). weather was terrible but I find half day relatively dry and with relatively good light to visit Wetland Park and play with my new toy. Please do not judge too seriously I even do not know the names for majority of insects (some of them size of a small bird headscratch.gif)

Next bugs were quite cooperative ;)

319272670_7kby9-L.jpg

Next one tried hard to scare either me or my camera by turning its camouflage to my lens

:D

"Small" spider, just a size of sparrow... . I start to believe in all those horror stories about bugs in Australia :D

For a moment i thought that I met Lord V. again, but then realized that i am wrong :D. Some lesson about how to take macros in Hong-Kong would be a nice surprise.

I know that I posted too many pictures, but I did not do soo since the beginning of the month.

Regards,

Sven

Hope you had a great trip Sven, too bad the weather wasn't so wonderful for you.
    I love the colours of that little green fella, what amazing colours clap.gif
    You certainly found a good variety to photograph on this trip.

You done a beautiful job with these, Brian would indeed be proud of you thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JetCrocodileJetCrocodile Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Many thanks for feed back, nice comments and suggestions!
    Back to work!
    Sven
  • wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2008
    Wow!
    Love the bright green beetle!!